Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exan's VZ SS

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Ok as promised, a few quick pics of the new front end. Unfortunately the rest of the paintwork still has a lot of imperfections but I can live with that. It's a daily.

Tkjs55X.jpg

ngIMEh2.jpg

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Was nice while it lasted.. car is already filthy and covered in leaves. :(

Haven't done much with it since I got it back except give the inside a clean.

Last edited:

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Pic of how the car looked after sitting in the drive for a few days :( Needs a wash already.
MKs6ulN.jpg

I got a cheap polisher from supercheap months ago when i had a club credit of like $30 i needed to use. I want to try it but I'm worried it would do more harm than good, but guess I can test it on the passenger side back door which is my worst panel.

edit:

Also thinking about getting one of these, anyone tried one or seen one in the flesh?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-2Din-A...io-WIFI-3G-7-Color-Button-4-50W-/151628706989

Looks good for the price, I don't care that it doesn't have a disc drive. Not sure if i should hold out for more quad core units to become available or fork out a bit extra for it.

Last edited:

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Personally I'd be wary of getting a chinese eBay deck for warranty reasons and I wouldn't trust the quality of a non branded deck. As for the lack of CD, who uses them anyway? I know I don't.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Personally I'd be wary of getting a chinese eBay deck for warranty reasons and I wouldn't trust the quality of a non branded deck. As for the lack of CD, who uses them anyway? I know I don't.

I am willing to take the chance, the OS is unmolested android so you know it's solid, and the hardware is basically off the shelf tablet parts, so it's pretty hard to do wrong. They offer a decent enough warranty according to their site. They also have videos on youtube showing benchmarks and performance seems on par with most tablets. That said there is always the chance it just doesn't turn on one day which would be annoying, but can happen with almost anything these days.
view_right_top_show999.png

Still deciding if i should just buy one or not, but will update if I do. Never installed a head unit before but shouldn't be too hard.
Might have to get some new speakers too, so should look into that also.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I am willing to take the chance, the OS is unmolested android so you know it's solid, and the hardware is basically off the shelf tablet parts, so it's pretty hard to do wrong. They offer a decent enough warranty according to their site. They also have videos on youtube showing benchmarks and performance seems on par with most tablets. That said there is always the chance it just doesn't turn on one day which would be annoying, but can happen with almost anything these days.
view_right_top_show999.png

Still deciding if i should just buy one or not, but will update if I do. Never installed a head unit before but shouldn't be too hard.
Might have to get some new speakers too, so should look into that also.

Pretty easy these days to install , most name brand ones will come with a patch harness and its all plug and play , not that hard to make your own one anyways for no name stuff

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The bluetooth OBD2 would be good.

Rear mounting of USB & iPod inputs is also good so you can run the cables to your glovebox and don't have sh*t floating around the cabin.

In regards to the polisher, what type have you got and what pads does it have ?

Vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais
I really like the standard headunit in my VZ. Gives off good sound and does everything it needs to.