Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Expressions of Interest: Digital PIN code ignition system

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Alright let me clarify some things. The keypad, which you use to punch in the code etc is connected via a Cat 6 cable to a control module (Black Box) that contains the electronics etc. This box connects to your existing ignition system. Now, if someone was so inclined they could remove the stock ignition loom from the back of the barrel, extend the wiring to the boot or any other non-factory location that can be concealed, put the control module in the boot and run the keypad to the driver. This would mean that if someone was to break into your car and attempt to hot wire it etc. they wouldn't be able to find any cables as they've all been run to a concealed location.

I simply used the boot as a convenient example

That clarify it?
Yeap

(10 chars)

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
Just thought I'd post a bit of a progress update: After loads of on car testing I am yet to find any major flaws in the system, we've upgraded the controller system to accept new PIN codes and have just taken delivery of the first batch of printed boards from china. We will be soldering one up on Sunday night and then put it through a simulated test of over 1000 on off cycles to ensure the required robustness has been achieved. Then hopefully we will have 10 board up for sale as of late next week. The dimensions are approximately (I haven't measured them) 5cm X 5cm and as tall as an Ethernet jack. Cost looks to be at this stage $150, due to some extra additions :)

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
Sounds like a great idea for early commodores. Main question is though what about the VT onwards commodore??
I would get one but i need it to fit a VT but from memory the keyhead & the bcm are linked somehow or rather.
If unknown,i would put my hand up to use one of my VT's as a test mule

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Sounds like a great idea for early commodores. Main question is though what about the VT onwards commodore??
I would get one but i need it to fit a VT but from memory the keyhead & the bcm are linked somehow or rather.
If unknown,i would put my hand up to use one of my VT's as a test mule
Thats the same with the VS (and I think VR)..

I believe it would be a lot more involved.. You'd probably have to see if you can change the BCM to something that doesnt have that feature

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
Thats the same with the VS (and I think VR)..

I believe it would be a lot more involved.. You'd probably have to see if you can change the BCM to something that doesnt have that feature

I shouldnt imagine much drama if you know what does which & what in the wiring of the bcm

jakstas

Auto Elec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 M6
Disable VATS on your ECM, won't be a problem, re: key head.

Accidental starting: use your alternator to trigger a changeover relay to disable start, or perhaps engine oil pressure if you prefer.

Now tell me how your going to get around the steering column lock without it being a piece of cake to steal, or requiring the key in the barrel to unlock it. Because that's gayer than AIDS.

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
There is no way to overcome the steering wheel lock short of removing it/having the key in the barrel. Maybe a later addition will be a push solenoid that turns the barrel and unlocks the steering wheel. Regardless, this is being sold as an immobiliser/remote start system, not a quick start bypass the key system.

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
Also, the new boards have been tested and are ready to go. Once we've finished writing the installation and usage instructions we will start shipping them out. At this stage there are only 9 available (if there is demand more can be made).

Dimensions are approx: 60X40X35mm

Cost is $120 per unit + P/H

PM me to reserve yours now!