Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

factory jack location car stands

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
ok so i need to jack up the front end of my car and put it on stands from what I have been reading the jack stands need to be placed under the factory scissor jack locations is this safe? and is there any risk of bending the factory jack rails?

cheers

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
ive done it but with the c section jacks be careful not to place on anything but the rail.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I have used all 4 of them on jack stands at the same time for extended periods of time on both ve and vf and never had a problem.
I use a shopjack to jack the front up using the crossmember below the engine and i use the spot just behind the diff to jack the rear up.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I have used all 4 of them on jack stands at the same time for extended periods of time on both ve and vf and never had a problem.
I use a shopjack to jack the front up using the crossmember below the engine and i use the spot just behind the diff to jack the rear up.
The two k frame centre points?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
thanks for the replies!

my trolly jack is also only capable of 1400 kg is that ok the lift the front via the crossmember?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
VE weighs about 1800 but you only lift half at a time so 900 kg, you will be fine. Though you should not get under the car until the stands are in place.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I put timber under the wheels as well if using jack stands and only on level surfaces.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
In case the car falls off the stands. But what if you have the wheels off? I just use extra stands under the cross member, or keep the jack in position just touching. And use a rubber pad on the stands under the sills so it can't slip

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The two k frame centre points?
Yeah so the one lift does the whole front or back.
I had to make timber ramps to lift the front up because my jack is too big to fit under it.