Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

factory jack location car stands

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
In case the car falls off the stands. But what if you have the wheels off? I just use extra stands under the cross member, or keep the jack in position just touching. And use a rubber pad on the stands under the sills so it can't slip

ah that makes sense the the rubber pads are a great idea my stands are the open U shape with flat bottom i don't think there are any rubber pads for that type the only ones i can find are for a different shape or are round pads for the jack itself

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Yeah so the one lift does the whole front or back.
I had to make timber ramps to lift the front up because my jack is too big to fit under it.
Same have to Jack from the side then block then Jack the front as my 70mm jack will go under but not reach in enough to the jacking point. Ramps for the back but too steep for the front bumper at stock height.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There is a variety of slotted rubber pads available online and I think Repco sell a couple too. There's got to be one you could get to work on your stands. I've tried cutting a slot in a piece of wood and using that. It works but they crack so are really only single use and not really recommend ed.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Same have to Jack from the side then block then Jack the front as my 70mm jack will go under but not reach in enough to the jacking point. Ramps for the back but too steep for the front bumper at stock height.

I made these for the front I just drive up on them and it gives just enough clearance for the jack
20190908-130505.jpg
they are made from a pine sleeper from Bunnings for like $15