Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fe2 height?

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
hi, can anyone tell me the height a vs would be if it had fe2 springs fitted? from the centre of the wheel to the top of wheel arch. any help would be much apreciated

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
i can tell you standard sedan rear springs on a live axle VR/VS commodore are 370mm and FE2 are 336mm if that helps any??

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
yea it does help, thanx. do you have fe2 springs on your car? does anyone else no the front height?

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes i have the full FE2 suspension as mine is a BT1 SS so its IRS which are different height to the live axle springs
Im trying to find the info on the fronts..

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
I switched to FE2 in my VS wagon.
Front went down 5mm and rear went down 35mm.
I suspect the original front springs were sagged.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I just measured mine - BT1 5 ltr with FE2 - and it is 350 mm from the middle of the centre cap to the bottom of the wheel arch above the wheel...if that makes sense.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It'll be the same height as an S or SS you should be able to see one in your local street to compare

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Can anybody confirm the height differences between the standard, FE2, Super low and Ultra low springs, I have a set of new FE2 springs off from an SV6, and looking lowering my VE omega with 18" wheels, and I really want to know is it worth to put the FE2 or I should go for a super or ultra low.
thanks

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
Fe2 or lows are approx 20-30mm lower and supers 40-50mm

I went Fe2 and was happy with it for a while and then a couple of months later I switched to super lows. at first I though yeah the Fe2 looked way better then stock but every time I seen a Commodore on supers go past i thought that looks heaps better.

I switched to Supers and shortened shocks and never looked back look better and doesn't get decked over every speed hump I come across.

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
giddy,i have fe2 sport suspension,as \vs5litre/ said 350mm from centre of cap to to the middle of wheel arch,my car vr hsv 5.7strker.hope that helps.