Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Federal Election nov 24, will it affect your energy use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
lol grennan, you're a gag ^^

I've always been a bit of a tightarse on energy and water, myself. Didn't come from a very well-off family. Long-life light globes, turning things off at the power point, short showers, taking as much water as possible to the garden, etc. In the house where I currently live with four friends, I'm still the only one who turns his computer off when he goes out or goes to sleep. The other four computers run 24/7 :p

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Finally got my sister to buy some energy saving lights and all but 1 blew, How bloody rare is that in 1 night?.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why is Rudd bothering to ratify kyoto? Is it so people who think it will truly make a difference are satisfied?

Even if we meet targets over 20 years it will make .1% of a difference on a world scale. As Tim Flannery has said its kind of futile.

It makes me laugh that everyone is saying John Howard didnt do a thing for the environment over 11 years. How long have the general population been concerned about global warming? 12 months? 24 months tops! Yet these same people expect the government to be concerned for 11 years. Maybe we should ask why the governments before that over the last 90 years weren't concerned either?

To think Australia will make a difference on the world stage is laughable. Its amazing how many gullible fools fell for the spin Labor put on saving the environment. The $2000 rebate available for 5 years will surely make a huge difference.......

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
^^^ I fully agree, minux.

Its not going to make me change my energy usage. (although i wouldnt consider myself using excessive energy anyway).

And up here in Far North Queensland, water isnt an issue - we have TOO much water.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Why is Rudd bothering to ratify kyoto? Is it so people who think it will truly make a difference are satisfied?

Perhaps go back to that thread you? deleted, I put a case for the ^ there.

It makes me laugh that everyone is saying John Howard didnt do a thing for the environment over 11 years. How long have the general population been concerned about global warming? 12 months? 24 months tops! Yet these same people expect the government to be concerned for 11 years. Maybe we should ask why the governments before that over the last 90 years weren't concerned either?
The government was elected to act in the people's best interests and to look out for issues on our behalf.
We are not all economists, and expected the government to create policy and conditions to help our economy prosper? agree with that? Good

In the same way, we are not all scientists, but expect our government to keep on top of the issues there. The politicians are not scientists I hear you say?(not many are economists either), however, they have a public service think tank that reported to them the problems of global warming some 20 years ago, with the warnings being louder each year. What did they do, on our behalf they chose to ignore that advice......unforgiveable.
Its only the last year or so that the evidence, basically drought and record temperatures that cant be hidden fromeven "blind freddy" that the public has been able to see that there is a problem and want something done about it. Actual evidence of climate change has been around for years ie (australia's average temp going up annually by unprecedented amounts in the last 10 years). Ask the government of 90 years ago why they did nothing?......now you are being even more obtuse.

The $2000 rebate available for 5 years will surely make a huge difference.......
I assume your are talking about the lpg rebate. That's a Howard policy and it will be serve absolutely no purpose in reducing global warming at all, in fact it will increase it. It was only a policy created to be seen to do something about petrol prices/cost of living, and try and give the local car industry a shot in the arm. It is a terrible policy!

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec

Even if we meet targets over 20 years it will make .1% of a difference on a world scale. As Tim Flannery has said its kind of futile.

To think Australia will make a difference on the world stage is laughable. Its amazing how many gullible fools fell for the spin Labor put on saving the environment. The $2000 rebate available for 5 years will surely make a huge difference.......

Ratifying Kyoto is definitely about symbolism rather than aimed at having any real effect. What it will mean is that the US can no longer claim that they are not alone in refusing to acknowledge that human induced climate change is real.

Australia acting to reduce greenhouse gas emissions without world action is useless; I think that we produce 1-1.5% of total human sourced emissions. Per capita, however, we are the worst so pointing the finger at other countries while doing that can only be seen as hypocritical. (Per capita emissions alone though, can't be used as the criteria for emission production as countries that reduce or control population shouldn't be penalised).

Capping the environmental impact of human activity, and that is what limiting/eliminating greenhouse gas release is about, is an extremely difficult problem (problems) to solve. It is definitely a social/political problem rather than technical though.

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
i know how to cut co2 emissions to reach targets, if we get all these whinging, whining people, that think that we can controll a planets weather systems by turning off a light, or catching the bus, and get them to shut up, and stop exhausting so much of their own co2 emissions from our lungs, or maybee someone thinks that there is something we can have implanted in us that will reduce the amount of co2 the we emit, anyway, im off to go take my cat off and go for a drive round town with grennan, or to bump the co2 even more, unplug an injector and induce the car to run lean so the cat will favor conversion and make even more co2 out of those other gasses in the exhaust :D

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Thread closed, removed more pointless CRAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.