Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Fifty SS" Utes, how rare are they?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hello fellow Holden enthusiasts, I was scrolling through Carsales and came across a VU SS, but it wasn't a normal SS... Turns out, only 500 of these "Fifty SS" Utes were made to celebrate 50 years of Holden building Utes... How many are still around? How many are in auto vs manual and did they gain any performance?

I never knew these existed until today and I'm kind of disappointed, since I thought I knew every special edition Commodore lol

1662805416696.png
1662805429565.png

1662805478641.png

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hello fellow Holden enthusiasts, I was scrolling through Carsales and came across a VU SS, but it wasn't a normal SS... Turns out, only 500 of these "Fifty SS" Utes were made to celebrate 50 years of Holden building Utes... How many are still around? How many are in auto vs manual and did they gain any performance?

I never knew these existed until today and I'm kind of disappointed, since I thought I knew every special edition Commodore lol

View attachment 242210 View attachment 242211

View attachment 242212
Theres a few threads that already exists on this subject. Heres one for you to check out , if you want?

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There was one that use to park near my work. I would see it each time I went to Coles on my lunchbreak. IDR seeing it there for a few months now. I never poked my head through the windows to see the interior just in case the owner thought I was scoping it out.....

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
There was one that use to park near my work. I would see it each time I went to Coles on my lunchbreak. IDR seeing it there for a few months now. I never poked my head through the windows to see the interior just in case the owner thought I was scoping it out.....
I've never actually seen one on the road, or I don't think I have anyways...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've never actually seen one on the road, or I don't think I have anyways...
I only knew it was one because the badges said something about 50.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
They were not really sought after even when near new as colour scheme quickly became outdated...everybody wanted vy or vz.

Maloo was different story as any real holden ute nutter all have a soft spot for HSV utes

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
They were not really sought after even when near new as colour scheme quickly became outdated...everybody wanted vy or vz.

Maloo was different story as any real holden ute nutter all have a soft spot for HSV utes
Really though? There was only 500 of them made and nowdays they're going for a bit of money... You'd think more people would want one of these...