Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fine while on 'Good Behaviour' - leg to stand on?

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Wait til its almost due, ring and say you are having trouble getting the money together, and that should get you another free month or so

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
if you watch my name is earl i reckon thats karma coming back to bight you one more time.

dont let it get you down, you stuffed up in the past to the point of finding the fine line then stepped back. One downside to being on the fine line is if you do accidentally stuff up you might just trip over that fine line, like has happened here.

Good luck with tho, sounds like a genuine mistake from someone whose learnt his lesson.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
It's a shame mate, but......

With all the comments about a prick of a roundabout, that is even more incentive to be on the ball in dicey conditions.

Adaptability in adverse conditions is one of the biggest lacking skills in novice drivers.

Unfortunately niceness means nothing in a crash. Whilst unexpected hazards like black ice or debris can contribute to a crash or loss of control, it is expected you change your driving to suit the conditions (which I think you get anyway so no beating you around the head with it!)
I would think the date of offence would be the overriding determinant in suspension. You could as mentioned plead for leniency in court and just try you luck

Jimmyblonde

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VL Commodore (Wagon)
This seems ludicrous.

All the evidence is in your favour, I'd argue the point in court if possible. The driving conditions should justify your argument if the specs of your car indicate that it has high torque and a sensitive throttle/ no traction control. (Who uses TC anyway?)

Talk to a lawyer if you can, you will get off.

If you can't afford a lawyer then keep postponing your appearance in court until your demerit points recharge and you can cop the offence without losing your licence.

If all else fails then just show up in court and be as clean cut and well spoken as you can.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
the point's don't get taken off till you pay the fine

The points don't get taken off till either 1) you pay the fine, 2) the fine becomes overdue, 3) they are ratified in court. When they do however, for the purposes of working out of you get suspended, the actual date of the offense is used.

Another important concept is that the suspension doesn't start from the date of the offense, it starts from whenever is stated on the notice of suspension, which can in some cases be months after the actual offense.

It won't hurt to pay the fine right before the due date, but don't expect it to help you any.

cracker

Reaction score
you should be able to string it out for ever my mate has two fines from over 18months ago he hasnt paid, 3points speeding and a displaying l;s when not required
pretty sure the fines pretty big but his still got a liences and still drives and doesnt pay the fines, not to say they wont catch up with him but its been along time

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
you should be able to string it out for ever my mate has two fines from over 18months ago he hasnt paid, 3points speeding and a displaying l;s when not required
pretty sure the fines pretty big but his still got a liences and still drives and doesnt pay the fines, not to say they wont catch up with him but its been along time

There's a big difference between just not paying fines and delaying them though. But if what danja said is right there may not be any point putting it off.

Maybe ring vicroads and see where you stand with that?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
what happens after the reminder?...

If there is no contact or anything, then an enforcement order is sent.

• Original Fine Period
  • Penalty overdue Reminder Notice - Extra $20.40
  • Enforcement order Notice - Extra $60.40
  • Warrant - Extra $120.40
  • Penalties applied - Wheel clamping, drivers license or registration cancellation etc.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Not sure on Victoria, but here in queensland you could apply for a special hardship order, IE Work license.

I know plenty of people who have been caught drink driving, or speeding (excessively) and have been granted a work license so that they are able to keep their jobs.

Seek the advice of a solicitor, but I think if you can prove that if you lose your license you lose your job the courts will grant you a work license.

Not a cheap or easy exercise but better than losing your license.