Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

first car?

which car should be my first?

• VL

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • VS

Votes: 38 71.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The best place for a VL is in the car crusher. VS isn't that much better but I'd consider it the lesser of the two evils.

Reaper

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Is that for the Good practice at changing head gaskets, or to keep him a Virgin for longer?

My family (besides me) have forever owned fords and never had problems my mums EF lasted 400 000 + before she sold it with the only things going whrong the water pump and starter motor. Maybe dont thrash cars and you wont have a problem?

I know this is a commodore forum

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
i still wanna know what happened to his "vs commodore" he has listed as his ride.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
My family (besides me) have forever owned fords and never had problems my mums EF lasted 400 000 + before she sold it with the only things going whrong the water pump and starter motor. Maybe dont thrash cars and you wont have a problem?

I know this is a commodore forum

I know what your saying. Its like people whinging for there commodore auto dying after 200k but they never once got it serviced. Ive had a VR with 400k on the Auto and it shifter fine because it was serviced regularly.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
I know what your saying. Its like people whinging for there commodore auto dying after 200k but they never once got it serviced. Ive had a VR with 400k on the Auto and it shifter fine because it was serviced regularly.

had a vt with 385k km on it before i sold it and it was still going like it was first delivered from factory.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Is that for the Good practice at changing head gaskets, or to keep him a Virgin for longer?

pfft. i had an XR6 for my first car and it went hard, chopped ecotecs. sounded way better too, didnt sound like a wet fart.

but yeah this is a commodore forum so my opinions are moot

ihasacommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
96' VS series II Commodore
haha thanks everyone, your all helpful, and i like all the comments about car crushers and wet farts and i changed my "ride" thing for whoever was complaining
but its looking like the vs in winning.