Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First time mods

SS Gazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 MY09 ve ss commodore 6ltr 270kw
Hi everyone. I bought a very nice Ve SS 2008 my 09 with only 43k on the clock all original no mods. I've just got a quote of 6k for Hurricane 3" full exhaust 409 s/s with ceramic coated headers and 200 cell stainless high flow cats. Also a vcm otr with full mafless tune and dyno. Is this price about the norm for these mods? Am i going overboard? Has anyone got a similar setup to this?

dazzdodge

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Calais V 6.0L
Sounds a bit dear to me, sure there is no cam change as well in that quote?

dazzdodge

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Calais V 6.0L
A quick search shows that yes you would pay between 5 and 6k for the work you mentioned but I would be shopping around

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If you do decide to go ahead you will love it!!! It livens them up really well, big difference over stock :) I have an 07 VE ss with an Otr,3 inch stainless x force exhaust, hsv headers with de cat pipes and full mafless dyno tune

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you can get the OTR and tune done and do the exhaust yourself, I do Hurricane headers with a Manta stainless 3" pretty much the same as what you are getting, (but I think the Manta sounds better than the Hurricane), all of this with ceramic coating on the headers as well, shipped to you for $3995. It would save you about $1000 I'd say.

SS Gazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 MY09 ve ss commodore 6ltr 270kw
Thanks for ur thoughts people. I will keep ur offer in mind not_an_abba_fan. Now found out the hurricane set up is made of 409 s/s (but is australian made) whereas most other s/s systems are 304 (xforce sre chinese made i think). Going by a lot of web studying 304 s/s is superior and more expensive than 409. So why are hurricane etc systems dearer???

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Hi everyone. I bought a very nice Ve SS 2008 my 09 with only 43k on the clock all original no mods. I've just got a quote of 6k for Hurricane 3" full exhaust 409 s/s with ceramic coated headers and 200 cell stainless high flow cats. Also a vcm otr with full mafless tune and dyno. Is this price about the norm for these mods? Am i going overboard? Has anyone got a similar setup to this?
my advice spend time researching and ask around that price is right up there full exhaust coated headers and otr/tune should be around 5K

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OP I love your catback choice, worth mentioning seeing I nearly got busted last week, that the average quiet street no traffic is about 60db, average quiet conversation about 70db. The approved noise level for your car is same as mine, 82db.
I just passed with HSV bimodal mufflers, perhaps worth considering vs defect / scrutiny.