Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting front passenger seat rear map pocket on my VT Berlina

locoman

locoman
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WK Statesman
I am replacing the rear map pocket of the front passenger seat, and have bought the complete panel (plastic) with the map pocket attached, how do I remove the old one and replace it with the new one. Got a shock when I went to a Holden dealer who wanted over a hundred dollars for just the map pocket, when I bought the rear plastic panel complete with map pocket for $60 from a commodore wrecker. Any help appreciated.:surprise:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
OK, you will need to go to holden and get 2 of the clips that hold panel to the bottom of the seat back.

Basic procedure is as follows (may not be 100%, memory is a bit foggy)

1. grab panel at bottom. Lift and pull, whilst sitting in back seat, with a bit of force. You will break these clips (hence you will need replacements).
2. when clips are broken, pull panel down and out. fit new clips to new seat panel, install is reversal of removal.

Joelene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Yep done this a number of times with VT,VX and VZ.

Indeed the two white clips cost about $5 at your Holden dealer. They sit at the bottom inside the rear seat back. Just grab the seat back bottom and jerk backwards. The seat back comes off with map pocket attached. Alas it does break the clips. This is not avoidable!
Most likely the map pocket elastic will be hanging loose. Just get a couple of self tapping screws and reattach the elastic and screw back into the seat back. Fixed! Don't put bulky items like map books in the map pocket again!

Next re-align the new clips back onto the seat back and clip it back onto the seat! There is a little fiddling to do with the lumber support knob on and off etc but easily fixed.

The seat back kit used to be $25 at Holden and you got the whole new map pocket kit but once the production run stopped the supplier stopped too. Holden had to source a new supplier on low quantities hence the $125 price tag.