Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting LED reverse lights into a E1 GTS? (trouble shooting)

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I just purchased these globe-
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300679307829
on recommendation from a friend that has them fitted to his E1 Grange and for some reason they work in his car and not mine and I know the globes aren't faulty because I swapped the globe out his Grange and both cars use P21W globes he also said try turning them around 180 degrees and still nothing, so anyone has a clue whats going wrong?
Cheers Pat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
I just put 35watt halogen gloves in my reverse lights, nice and bright now. I had a similar problem to you in my overhead map lights not working with LED'S but couldn't work it out either

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No problem with damaging the lens because of heat from the halogens?
Cheers Pat

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
I have the same issue as well pjdm on my e3 clubby tried changing them to led rev globes and they just dont work for some reason i have tried a few globes with no luck but on my ve ss when i had it they worked must have something to do with the module for the led brake lights and indicators on the hsv. If you do work something out could you let me know as would like to change mine as well
Cheers Eddie

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers Pat

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Are you getting a fault on your dash for the lights not working? I'm thinking the system is not detecting anough load so therefore thinks you have a blown bulb and shuts the circuit down. Have you popped a multi meter in the lamp base to see if it detects anything?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't really know how to use a multi meter and there was no faults codes showing up on the dash.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the info from Homer's HSV, he told me that to install the LED reverse lights into any E series Clubsport, Senator or GTS you need take the tail lights out then cut the 2 wires from the reverse light holder (not too far down) so you can strip the wires and reverse the connections and solder to the opposite wire and tape so they don't touch. works a treat and they look great, once again thanks to Homer's HSV.