Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flashing cops

Do u flash your lights to warn other drivers cops are near?

• Yes Always

Votes: 298 41.6%
  • No never

Votes: 78 10.9%
  • Sometimes, depends on the other driver

Votes: 340 47.5%

• Total voters

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
I flash people if it looks like their going over the speed limit and/or there's a road block. (idiot's I don't)
Most crew always give you a wave or a thumbs up and I would always do the same back if someone flashed me.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
In that case they're not able to operate a motor vehicle adequately and should hand their licenses in.

remember that when u get old....or perhaps get a new car and everything works a little different to what u'r use to.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
remember that when u get old....or perhaps get a new car and everything works a little different to what u'r use to.

It isnt the fact that it works differently that's putting them off. Its the fact they're too far gone to realise what they're doing in the first place.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
It isnt the fact that it works differently that's putting them off. Its the fact they're too far gone to realise what they're doing in the first place.

how do u know?....not all old ppl are bad drivers...just like not all young ppl are bad drivers...I'm getting on a bit and resent the fact that they hound both young and older drivers, but seem to think those in bewteen must all be good drivers.....but thats because those making the laws are in the between age bracket and don't look far enough ahead to relise they will be old one day, bet they won't like it when they have to get a doctors certificate each yr to keep their license.

VeeZed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7L
i do it if there are nice cars going in the opp direction... otherwise ill ignore it

VeeZed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7L
after reading some of the posts..

every body speeds.. some becaue they are *cool* others because they are rude.. some because they are truely in a hurry...

i rememebr i needed to get the hospital in a hurry as my son needed to see a doc ASAP, he was 3months old it was 8pm at night n travelling down wanerroo rd one lane i was flashing this guy infront as he was doing 20kms under the speed limit and he would not speed up.... needless to say when i finally got the hospital my son needed to be kept in as he was quite sick brought on suddenly...

same when some people are in labour... i dont call people who do 10kms over the limit speeding because i tend to do 90kms in an 80 zone only because i like to have it in 6th gear at a nice rev range rather then reving at 3000rpm in fith gear at 85kms...

VSIIISU

Reaction score
Website
tuxsavvy.vox.com
Members Ride
VS III S Yewt
I flash my lights whenever theres a cop vehicle of any sort. Hardly anyone gives me warnings about a potential cop.

I'm also against the school of thought on not reminding speeding drivers of cops/speed cameras nearby. You maybe an idiot for speeding past speed camera when you have been warned, but lets say you go down a steep hill and your speed picks up dramatically and nobody warns you of possible speed camera. You got flashed because of going down steep hill at a rate that is deemed as speeding when you weren't. That's called unfairness on the cops part.

ToxicVn

Toxic_Vn_Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 Station Wagon
ill flash all the time as the goverment get more than enough in taxes. And if your like me and spend alot of time driving its easy to just let your speed get away from you a little. And they like to hide the little sign in front of the camera car it should have to be in veiw before the camera not after it.
Im sure i got done about 6 weeks ago 75 in a 60 just before an 80 zone saw the flash but still no fine.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
ill flash all the time as the goverment get more than enough in taxes. And if your like me and spend alot of time driving its easy to just let your speed get away from you a little. And they like to hide the little sign in front of the camera car it should have to be in veiw before the camera not after it.
Im sure i got done about 6 weeks ago 75 in a 60 just before an 80 zone saw the flash but still no fine.

Thats like me, if I'm on early shift (leave for work at about 3am) or on late shift (finish work about 2am) as there is noone else around you don't worry about speed limit so much and just drive (not in the sence where you put the foot to the floor, but just drive and dont look at the speed limit as much as you would at normal times of the day), 1st July this year I got done doing 75 in a 60 zone, 3 points and $220 fine, got it refunded because the officer filled out the form wrong :p but as I'm stuck in a truck for 8 hours when i work (usualy in the city with all the traffic) having to drive to work and home can be a pain in the a**

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
You got flashed because of going down steep hill at a rate that is deemed as speeding when you weren't. That's called unfairness on the cops part.

What are you trying to say, speed limits dont apply going down hill?