Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 flat spot, changed ignition and injectors now what?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
You can drop in bluetop 24lb injectors on a stock tune and hardly know they are there. I don't even bother with stock injectors on mild 304s straight to 24lb for headers cam springs and twin exhaust that gets the 24s around 85% dc straight away on a car with no cats
(Sorry for the high jack tim).

Just read what you said del.
Would blue tops be ok in mine with out a re tune?.....
BIG custom intake manifold.
Twin 63mm T/B.
Double valve springs.
Ported &Polished heads.
Crane 888241 cam.
Headers....high flow cats...twin 2 and a half.
Kalmaker mafless tune.

tim_pato

Reaction score
Members Ride
daily-5.0 5spd vr ss clubodore, project-74 lh rana
Ari666, about the wideband gauge, my o2 sensor is on the left extractor, will that give an inaccurate reading only coming from half the cylinders? And once I've got it how do I log the results? Do I still need more equipment, some way of hooking it up to a laptop? And will it achieve the same information about afr and rpm as a power run on the dyno?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
someone else should answer the hardware questions. i have my WB on the drivers side bank and running into hptuners. so yes, one one side is fine and yes, youll need some means of logging the data i.e. a connection between the ecu>wideband>laptop. i only briefly touched on a delco as an ecu for mine, but it was too low tech for my needs, but pcmhacking is the site you want pcmhacking.net - View topic - Tunerpro Getting Started with Logging Guide im pretty sure the stuff you need is quite cheap.

tim_pato

Reaction score
Members Ride
daily-5.0 5spd vr ss clubodore, project-74 lh rana
Thanks ari. Got the new injectors in. It does stall more than it use to but its manual and I'm already use to it and can usually clutch it before I have to stop. It idles fine but the important thing is that it has got more fast. I'll just put up with it as is for a few months until I can get a means of testing and logging it.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
what does it sound like idling post a vid up ive tuned a couple with a cam similar to a 284 takes a bit of work to get them to idle solid should be easy enough to get rid of the stalling
heres one i did a while ago got a new video of the idle today

Last edited by a moderator: