Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Footwell LED's

Juzman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 M6
The main thing is being able to switch off the main ones when you need to.

Yeah. That's why I was thinking of connecting it to courtesy light (since you don't need the floor glowing while driving). Might have a look into how I would wire it up to a switch also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Why not just run them on the current switch...
Connect the positive on the lights to a constant +12V wire. Connect the negative to the negative ground in the switch, in the VY holder it is the green wire from memory. Easy down, footwell lights that come on when the interior lights are on.

Juzman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 M6
Why not just run them on the current switch.

This is what I was going to do, just wire it up to the lead that runs to the interior light, that way when I unlock doors / open doors they come on.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Yep, will work fine. If you want to have them off at some time, just put an additional switch on the negative wire between the interior light and the LEDs.

Juzman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 M6
Yep, will work fine. If you want to have them off at some time, just put an additional switch on the negative wire between the interior light and the LEDs.

You mean on, not off right? Because they will automatically go off when the car turns on (just like the courtesy lights).

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
i was thinking of doing this, i've got 2 green l.e.d. sticks lying around, so where do i find the interior light wire?

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
i was thinking of doing this, i've got 2 green l.e.d. sticks lying around, so where do i find the interior light wire?

Depending on how much wiring locations change throughout the commodore generations, but in VN - VX models the interior light wires are in the driver kick panel and driver B pillar (the pillar at the rear of the driver's window). Hope that helps

scott-95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Daily VE SV6 & L67 Manual Pig.
I set mine on 3 way toggle switch all 4 footwells wired to it, UP - ON, CENTER - OFF, DOWN - WITH BASS, and a 2nd switch for the boot, UP - ON, Center standard boot light turns them on, DOWN, With bass..

With bass is just for wank factor at night..

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Depending on how much wiring locations change throughout the commodore generations, but in VN - VX models the interior light wires are in the driver kick panel and driver B pillar (the pillar at the rear of the driver's window). Hope that helps
\n \n

Yeh, VY is the same. I pulled the B pillar trim off, located and tested the correct interior light wire, then when I knew the correct colour, I just tapped into it under driver's scuff plate.

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim