Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford's new Coyote V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
it's funny how evry one is saying smaller displacement is better well if any one actually looked up the corvettes the ls1 made over 300kw in 94 holden v8's are detuned to australian standerds now have a look at the ls7 in the holden detuned again im sure a ls7 with it's oversized capacity is quite capable of over powering all engines talked of here with the right tune

and plz a 2.5 having more power than a well even a 5liter what drugs are you on

and as for a turbo 3.6 alloytec im sure it would be quite a match for a ford 6

as for boat anchores it is just the truth the only way ford can get passed holden is to strap a hair dryer to the side of ther donks so if the boat anchore is really faster try a turbo ls3 mmmm i know wich one i would choose

and as for push rod v8s the worlds second fastet car shelby super car ls twin turbo over 400km thrid fastest corvette twin turbo over 400km worlds fastest acclerating car topfuler in fact worlds fastest accelerating thing push rod v8 worlds fastest boats push rod v8 see the pattern

#### ford this a holden site so go talk about your fords somwhere else

Your kidding right? Are you just a complete blind Holden fan boy, or are you just ignorant? Not only do you contradict yourself but by saying #### Ford's when they are on the brink of releasing a motor which puts anything GM/Holden to shame for it's displacement and performance just screams of ignorance and a completely mis-informed and immature opinion. Sorry yes this is a Holden site, but we are not single focused saying that absolutely everything made by Holden destroys anything Ford or anything else for that matter. Wrong - Holden don't always make the best stuff, and for the record, competitors like Ford bringing out better products i.e. the 5.0liter Coyote V8 is what pushes Holden to try and be better. Without competitiveness both manufacturers would be ****.

Look at the second world war. Would we seriously have the technology we have today if there wasn't a war??? No we wouldn't because there wouldn't be a demand for such a huge increase and investment in better technology etc.

I'd suggest before you go shooting your mouth off again on a public forum which you have barely been on for a month, that you know your facts.

Have a look here
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/news-updates/146103-gms-new-v8-gets-downsized.html

GM are going smaller, but nothing beats cubes ;)

WRX's are poxy, sound **** and are generally owned by wankers. (generally, not a dig at you minux, I haven't met ya :p)

Sorry can't agree with you there. I rate Boxer scooobie's as one of the best sounding motors out there. Real deep heart throbbing note - unreal, nothing like it! I'd rather have a 2.5litre WRX with a cannon than my V6 Ecotec. (talking about sound)

Anyway - on topic. The Coyote is a fantastic looking motor and I'll be really impressed to see some FPV's out here with it. Can't wait, might go test drive one in the future. Ford have really pulled out all the stops in terms of performance.

Though they're not going to have the same sort of technology that the Holden's have in them like Cylinder Shutdown technology etc...

Looking forward to Holden's response to it.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Lol exactly what i say :D

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
That is one impressive motor. Question is. not how much faster it will be over the V8's. but how much faster will it be over the turbo 6.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
That is one impressive motor. Question is. not how much faster it will be over the V8's. but how much faster will it be over the turbo 6.

That is what will be interesting. Some f6's are pulling mid-low 12's bog standard at the drag strip so it has alot to live up to

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
(Waits for a commodore to reply)

Nope its a people forum where people may discuss many many things..
Damn communists :D

Note how this thread is in the pub section?

coyote4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
I'm just interested to know where all these ford owners crawled from, isn't this a commodore forum?

Theres not many Ford owners here !! , but what surprises me is the amount of Commodore owners with a balanced viewpoint who seem positive about the coyote . It seems that in the future some of these guys will be crawling on here just to annoy you once they have changed brands , maybe me also .

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
No such thing as a "holden man"
Most people are here because their car of choice at the moment is a holden

But i would assume most of us wouldnt turn our noses up at these

Ford: Xa, Xb, Xc, Xy, all stangs, ba, bf etc etc

Holden: Hk, Hq, Lj, Vk, Vl, Vb, Vn, Vt through to Vz etc etc

Other: 32gtr, 34gtr, ae86, s13 14 an 15, rz supra, 300zx etc etc

All these cars are awesome and should be respected in thier own right..
anyone that says otherwise is a fanboy fool :D
Am i wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.