Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Forza Motorsport 4 - Released Today (13/10/11)

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
With Forza Motorsport 4 being released today in Australia, i thought what better day than to start a thread for those who will be playing it.

I myself will be getting the Limited Collectors Edition This afternoon.

This thread will be for everything.

- Drift
- Race
- Drag

For showing off your latest ride, whatever category it may be.

For discussing the good that bad or the ugly.

Obviously it wont take off till people are able to buy it, but i thought i would just have this here ready.

K go.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'm picking it up today. I'll post back later with some screen shots and some basic thoughts on the game.

If it follows along the lines and gameplay of Forza 3, then it should be pretty good. IMO Forza 3 really took over from the alternative Gran Turismo after they released version 4. I've played version 5 a few times and i really don't like it the way the cars handle and all.

If i play Forza 4 as much as i did Forza 3 i'll be spending a lot of time on the couch.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
I'm picking it up today. I'll post back later with some screen shots and some basic thoughts on the game.

If it follows along the lines and gameplay of Forza 3, then it should be pretty good. IMO Forza 3 really took over from the alternative Gran Turismo after they released version 4. I've played version 5 a few times and i really don't like it the way the cars handle and all.

If i play Forza 4 as much as i did Forza 3 i'll be spending a lot of time on the couch.

Im gonna agree. Forza took simulation racing to another level with Forza 3.
Compared to GT5 At the time of GT5's release all Granturismo could really boast about over Forza was its superior number of vehicles and better graphics,
which Forza 4 now has been able to raise the bar on. GT's Physics whilst racing, from what i have played of it are woeful.
Forza's Physics are in a whole other realm compared to GT. Even more so now with the release of Forza 4.

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
I wish I still had an Xbox just for the XB in it.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
This game is boss!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Had a quick play of it earlier, i only played what i assume is the "arcade version" as i didn't insert the install disc.

First impression, minor graphic improvements such as when selecting cars, the image of the car such as the paint detail appears more like a photograph, than a computer generated image. Once you commence gameplay though graphics return to normal.

As for over all detail i think it's a little sharper than F3, but as a result i don't think it's as smooth.

The sound of the car's themselves such as the exhaust notes are a big improvement, and actually begin to sound somewhat realistic. As for modifications, F3 didn't change things like the exhaust note when you upgraded it, i can't comment yet.

I'll get some screen shot's later when it's dark as my projector doesn't capture in photographs very well during the day.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
its the best i have the ltd edition w427 xb coupe and 10 other cars i was up to pro is 2 hrs love it.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
I only got to level 14 last night. However. So far i love it.

Affinity is awesome, gonna make me play this game for alot longer, seeing as though i can buy and upgrade more cars without having to outlay hundreds of thousands of credits.

Drifting seems a little weird compared to FM3 but im sure ill adapt.