Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Freak work accident - One to make you wince in sympathy

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
^^ Wow, it's really interesting to see the vast difference between you burn and what mine looked like directly after it happened.

Your has massive amounts of layered skin loss and blisters where as mine was just white, cooked.

I have been told fuel/liquid burns can be quite messy/ugly. They're right, lol. That ones a corker!

These are pretty much the only other ones I have.
These were taken by myself a few days after the doctors had removed the second set of skin grafts. Still pretty raw. (You can kind of see how the tops of my toes are dieing - I had the one beside the big-toe removed as it turned necrotic/dead)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Ouch...those are some serious burns. And a seriously ####ed up story. Sucks when other people's idiocy has such a major effect on your life.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Imageshack ALWAYS does this when I upload my photo's - they will all dissapear shortly. But you guys get the drift.

I can still drive my manual XR6t - and that's the main thing. (It's awesome btw - will lay rubber in the first three gears by just rolling into the throttle - and that's on 275's!).

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
the burns posted by sabbath look like 2nd degree partial/full thickness burns where not all the tissue has been burnt, with some necrosis. 2nd degree burns can usualy heal with high risk of scarring. 3rd degree burns are where all of the skin has been burnt (destroyed) through the dermis down to the fatty layer, in some situations skin grafts are possible but full recovery is impossible.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
the burns posted by sabbath look like 2nd degree partial/full thickness burns where not all the tissue has been burnt, with some necrosis. 2nd degree burns can usualy heal with high risk of scarring. 3rd degree burns are where all of the skin has been burnt (destroyed) through the dermis down to the fatty layer, in some situations skin grafts are possible but full recovery is impossible.

I was under the impression that "full thickness" referred to the entire depth of the limb, and not the circumference? Not saying his burns aren't bad - as every burn is bad/worst pain possible - but it does not appear to be "full thickness".
I do however agree that full recovery from 3rd degree burns is impossible.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
man .. im feeling sick, lol .. Burned myself with a soldering iron the other day .. Guess i shouldn't really complain should i? :(

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
its a shame to hear of your accident caused by other people, i do hope it all goes well for you and you recover

havent really had anything serious, but
had 3 2 by 4's fall on me the other day, split the ol noggin open, no stitches though.
oh and got zapped by 500v as a megger was being used on somewhere different, still hurt.

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
I was under the impression that "full thickness" referred to the entire depth of the limb, and not the circumference? Not saying his burns aren't bad - as every burn is bad/worst pain possible - but it does not appear to be "full thickness".
I do however agree that full recovery from 3rd degree burns is impossible.

Surprisingly a full thickness burn requires only the involvement of epidermis (outer layer of skin), dermis and the fatty layer below. Once the whole layer of the dermis (inner layer) is destroyed the ability of the skin to heal itself is destroyed, hence the term 'full thickness'.< all of your burns are full thickness regardless of penetration past that point, you are right in saying his burns aren't as bad, to me those ones look like 2nd degree partial thickness/deep partial thickness (that’s what I should have said in my post above). the blistering indicates that there is living dermal tissue underneath, in your case there was no blistering because all the tissue had been burnt though.

My sympathies, i hope the person who ####ed it up knows and has what that did to you weighing on his conscience.

Last edited: