Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Free Lotto Mobile Scam

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
It might be real dude! C'mon, $2mil!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
You've pissed someone off, and they've used your number to get revenge. Just be nicer to people and it'll stop :)

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Tell you what, there full of absolute ****. Had a similar problem 3 years ago, they can block the messages and also phone calls. They can even block a call from a specific tower (location). Also lost my phone on the train 2 years ago, told me they couldnt do anything to locate the phone, but as i know they can, i kept ringing an ringing to get a different operater and eventually found where the phone was using tri-tower locating from my helpfull indian/gook friend. If service providers say it cant be done, there f*cking full of it.

Yeah.. no. I've seen these people's interface screen with the network and it has nothing like this. I'm betting you've seen this on some american cop show and you think it's real, right? They dont have a real-time locator, the best they have is a box that shows what state the mobile is currently in, this is used for things such as Telstra's Free hour, as the free hour is timezone specific, not fixed. Quite possibly things have changed in the last three years due to privacy laws and such, but I'd say that you're the one who's full of it.

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
Yeah.. no. I've seen these people's interface screen with the network and it has nothing like this. I'm betting you've seen this on some american cop show and you think it's real, right? They dont have a real-time locator, the best they have is a box that shows what state the mobile is currently in, this is used for things such as Telstra's Free hour, as the free hour is timezone specific, not fixed. Quite possibly things have changed in the last three years due to privacy laws and such, but I'd say that you're the one who's full of it.

yeah... no. Think you better check out a bit more about. No you can not remotely activate a GPS or any of that ****. It works on the same principles as 'whereis' on your mobile if you dont have a GPS. An old work colleague of mine in the army used to play around with it when he went through his telecom tech course. Reason why i knew it can be done. No that cant read your messages, no they cant listen to your calls but they do save all called and messaged numbers an a whole heap of other ****.

Vee-ard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
yeah... no. Think you better check out a bit more about. No you can not remotely activate a GPS or any of that ****. It works on the same principles as 'whereis' on your mobile if you dont have a GPS. An old work colleague of mine in the army used to play around with it when he went through his telecom tech course. Reason why i knew it can be done. No that cant read your messages, no they cant listen to your calls but they do save all called and messaged numbers an a whole heap of other ****.

Whereis only knows the tower you're currently connected to, seeing as how you're only connected to one cell at a time, it would be hard to have your position triangulated. And anyway, what use is this to someone who's asking about international calls? better yet, this doesnt prove you can block messages from a particular tower at all. the network just doesnt have that feature as it would cause too many issues.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
The mobile itself can do triangulation, by measuring signal strength to 3+ towers (I believe iPhones do this when GPS reception isn't available), not sure if it can be done from the carrier end though.

Vee-ard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
The mobile itself can do triangulation, by measuring signal strength to 3+ towers (I believe iPhones do this when GPS reception isn't available), not sure if it can be done from the carrier end though.

does this by measuring one at a time, and only if you're actually within range of any 3 at one time. Carriers also cant force your phone to switch to a different tower meaning if you arent moving, you cant be found.

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
Whereis only knows the tower you're currently connected to, seeing as how you're only connected to one cell at a time, it would be hard to have your position triangulated.

Hard, but not impossible, i only know briefly on how it works, but when i phoned telstra, my curry munching friend told me that he was looking for the phone through 'tri-towering', took him about 4 mins an he was 40meters off, turns out it was still on the train about 60km from where i live. Although he did need my IMEI code to find it as it wasnt on there system. There used to be a website you could do it for one of americas networks.

P.S. It wasnt on digital.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
does this by measuring one at a time, and only if you're actually within range of any 3 at one time. Carriers also cant force your phone to switch to a different tower meaning if you arent moving, you cant be found.

If they could disconnect you from a tower your mobile would look for the next best signal and connect to that. Hypothetical though, I don't know if that's something they can easily do.