Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel gauge error, Service vehicle soon.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
FRONT of the engine, FRONT means front.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Are you phucking retarded?

Trent L

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Calais 190Kw
Hey Don. Take it down to the Holden dealer and they'll probably point out where the ECU is for free!

RiCeY and the other guys on this forum give their advice for 'free' to help people like us - so don't brow beat them. The advice often does go toward minimising costs for those who can take up the tools and do a bit of DIY.

Some issues aren't DIY and for those we just have to suck it up and pay.

Don't mean to offend but just throwing a bit of a reality check in here.

onca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
I also have a 19 year old commodore, bought 16 years ago, NEVER had a problem with the ECU, I wonder why Holden build cars that even they can't pin point a fault and when you go to another mechanic they simply don't have the correct tool so you must go to Holden. Oh and "only" $1050 ??? why don't they charge $5000? might as well, we need it to make the car go.:-(

Sorry mate, I had a 19 y-o Commodore as well, the ECU went after 3 years, cost $600 to replace. Granted $600 is less than $1050... oh wait, back in 1995 no it wasn't. Listen I know when you get an expensive repair bill, you get frustrated and want to vent some steam, but don't talk thru your arse.

D

Don123

"RiCeY and the other guys on this forum give their advice for 'free' to help people like us" So can you tell me where the ECU is or am I phucking retarded? couse ricey didn't give me any phucking advice at all. phucking rude people!!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
worf-face-palm.gif

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Epic facepalm

worf-face-palm.jpg

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
meh usually this is just a bad connection. My dad replaced his 05 ECU, did bloody nothing.

It was the switch at the bottom of the ignition barrel causing a short evidently we discovered a week later.