Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
L77 2013 16700km's, DTC for cyl 7 injector. Idle started to fluctuate 200-300rpm back and forth in a rhythm, before dropping so low it stalled and threw a code.

Symptoms gone now I'm back to 98. Still a bit rough running, just no pulsing, stalling, engine light or 0207 code.
I was running E85, which I have on and off for years with none of the newly present said problems, so ultimately I suspect there is still something wrong. I also have noticed injector 3 weeping from the top. Holden did one a few years ago under warranty.
So is there a better injector out there than just putting back in Acdelco 12639221?

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
I think he ac delco ones are for E85 use aswell as the have 14 holes in the tip instead of 1 . When i first had the issue i bought a complete set of bosch ones to suit the vf 6ltr and the car was hopless , when turned of they would let fuel in and make it hard to start .

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yeah I was just reading this and thinking it conflicts with my understanding?? CA is reporting that Holden is largely blaming poor quality fuel and the problem is plaguing the entire S2/LS3 run...sorry, haven’t gone back through the thread but wasn’t it supposedly only a problem with those manufactured in the last few months because of a change in parts supplier?

No that was the rocker issue. Injector issue is a lot bigger and affects more vehicles.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
No that was the rocker issue. Injector issue is a lot bigger and affects more vehicles.
Ahh..of course thanks mate.

Mine is a first quarter 2017 build (would have to check the plate for the month) & so I think missed the rocker issue? It’s mostly a week-ender but has had one Bathurst and one Sydney trip (both from Bris) since purchase in July’17 ...still only has 15.5k on it so wondering if an injector issue is more likely to occur after a certain number of kms??..only use 98 in it not that I’d be convinced it’s fuel related.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
far out I thought it was series 1 issue. Noticed mine rocking at lights other day and didn't really think about it but its not running super smooth only 6000kms Jan 16 build