Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pump Working, But won't start

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Hi guys,
Just tested some more.
Fuel is going through the lines, through the fuel rail and back out the return line.
Hooked Voltmeter to injector connections.. got 12v reading.
So fuel pump is working.

About this fuel regulator? could it be an issue? I don't know how to test it nor get it out.

According to Kopper, it's not my CAS, because I get spark while running on gas and when directly injecting fuel it starts up with ease. About the fuel pressure, I don't know how to test but when we had the hose off it squirted good.

Ok, how do I check if the engine is flooded? also if it is how I fix it?

To moff_man: The case was, car drove fine got home, next morning tried to start car, wouldn't start. Sorry your post is confusing me, I don't know what the DFI, PCM ECM etc does. I'll read some stuff though. Thanks for the hints.

The only thing I want to ask was that, if the float in the fuel tank isn't correctly placed in the fuel tank (it was a mission to get out and in, so maybe it turned or something you know), could this give false information to the engine not to spark the fuel or something? Cause I have no fuel reading on my fuel gauge (there's not much fuel in there... few litres I suppose) but should be enough to start it.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Did I mention, when we squirted fuel into the engine directly, in a few seconds it changed to gas and ran fine.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I still think you got injector issues. If you have spark and it runs on gas then it proves things are mostly fine, your cas is proven your spark is proven. You have fuel at the rails, it can be only one thing and thats the injectors not letting the fuel in. Only other possibility is the pressure reg is fugged and you have no pressure when the injectors open.
No they wont all fail at once, but for some reason the ecu may not be firing them, therefor none will work. Id simply pull a bank out and crank the car and see if fuel squirts out of them, it will atleast eliminate or confirm the problem

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
I still think you got injector issues. If you have spark and it runs on gas then it proves things are mostly fine, your cas is proven your spark is proven. You have fuel at the rails, it can be only one thing and thats the injectors not letting the fuel in. Only other possibility is the pressure reg is fugged and you have no pressure when the injectors open.
No they wont all fail at once, but for some reason the ecu may not be firing them, therefor none will work. Id simply pull a bank out and crank the car and see if fuel squirts out of them, it will atleast eliminate or confirm the problem

Pull a bank out? ... whats that mean? is the injector easy to get out? never taken one out before.

Just learnt that DFI is direct fuel injected. It's under the coil packs, easy to replace .. not that cheap new though. Thought my car was EFI though? heh .. confusing.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
im not sure how you do it on the v6's, but basically the injectors are mounted on the fuel rail on each side. You just gotta have a look around and see how it all comes out.

Dont buy a new one unless you really want too. Its way cheaper to buy bits from wreckers. Though you always run the risk of buying a dud too. But in the end i think you end up way in front.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
im not sure how you do it on the v6's, but basically the injectors are mounted on the fuel rail on each side. You just gotta have a look around and see how it all comes out.

Dont buy a new one unless you really want too. Its way cheaper to buy bits from wreckers. Though you always run the risk of buying a dud too. But in the end i think you end up way in front.

Just figured out my brother has a VT commodore, they have the same DFI module don't they? I'll ask if I can borrow his XD (just for testing of course :whistling)

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Perfect. Thats the way to do it if ya know someone with the same engine in their car.

Growler88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6
how long was the car sitting? could stale fuel be a part of the cause?

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Slowly getting there. Just need to keep eliminating possibilities.
But hey this is an experience ... I've learnt more in the past couple days than the 2 years owning it!

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Hope it's not my CAS, because that seems hard to get off and exchanged.
I'm going to check the DFI and Coil packs tomorow.

My father who checked the fuel lines when I turned the key said it was enough pressure. He tried to hold the hose end closed and said there's enough pressure. Haven't physically tested it using a pressure gauge (cause don't have one).