Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

G8 designs kit.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Just had the G8 designs kit install in my E1 GTS along with an amp and reserving camera. Very please but Android Auto is being a pain. Keeps asking me to put the parking brake on to complete setup even though it's already on.
The kit looks alot like the Alpine one but the difference is you can choose what HU you want and your not paying through the nose for the name "alpine".

Attachments

• 20180207_173629.jpg
    20180207_173629.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 930

alba81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais ve v
Just had the G8 designs kit install in my E1 GTS along with an amp and reserving camera. Very please but Android Auto is being a pain. Keeps asking me to put the parking brake on to complete setup even though it's already on.
The kit looks alot like the Alpine one but the difference is you can choose what HU you want and your not paying through the nose for the name "alpine".
Looks good

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Yeah been reading up on it Lex, seems that wire sometimes needs to be bypassed or just grounded onto the HU chassis.
I ground mine. That way video will still play while mobile. ( I've heard its illegal)
If you only hook it up to the hand brake light wire, video will only play while stationary & hand brake on.

alba81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais ve v
Where'd you get that from? What did it set you back?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Contact Steve at G8 designs on facebook. From memory with the exchange rate to NZ it was about $900 i think. You supply your own HU and you get a touch screen HVAC controller along with fitting kit, steering wheel modual and facia.

Last edited: