Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Garage Hoists.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

One thing I liked about this one is the jack that can be used to raise the car for removal of wheels.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak

One thing I liked about this one is the jack that can be used to raise the car for removal of wheels.
we looked at this as an option because of that jack. we will probably still get a 4 poster in the future as its good for storage, but adding the jack gives it more practical use as well.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
My problem with 4 posters has always been it makes it harder to do suspension/brake work than a 2 poster.

Great for storage however!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My problem with 4 posters has always been it makes it harder to do suspension/brake work than a 2 poster.

Great for storage however!

That is where the jack comes in and overcomes that obstacle.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Is Molnar worth the extra spend? By the time I get it to my door and with an optional jacking beam and installation I’m looking at $14k at least…….

Compared to the 5-7k for the others. I’ll prob have a crack at installing it myself with a few mates. Then can get electrician in to run the 3 phase to it.

I’m leaning towards the other brands given it’s not going into a workshop and cycled multiple times a day…..

Anybody had experience with Bendpak? They require an air compressor for the safety locks. Any benefit with this?

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I have narrowed it down to a Tufflift or Hero Hoists Lift King.

For wiring I’d like to have a pendant outlet so it’s out of the way.

The shed has three phase. My electrician prefers three phase for hoists but thinks single phase 15A would be fine as well for my usage case but if it were his hoist he would choose three phase. He said labour would be the same for a 15A or three phase run, with the main additional cost of three phase coming from the outlet and plug (approx $400).

I’m thinking since it’s already in the shed, do it right once and for all. Both tufflift and hero are pushing single phase as I guess they have more in stock.

Tufflift hoists are signed off by an engineer as complying with the relevant Australian standards (can’t remember the exact standard, they sent me a copy of the sign off in the quote). Need to see if Hero has the same.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Have you considered a Joel's? Joel's are probably better than a Tufflift, although Tufflift have good reports too. I chose Joel's over Tufflift. I have a photo of mine somewhere.

Pendant is easy. That's what I have. I run the pendant and had the electrician connect the power point and add it to the sub box.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mine is 4.5T