Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gears crunch shifting 2nd to 3rd

jdrVZute

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Vee Zed Ute
Hi
I was wondering why my gears chrunch when I shift 2nd to 3rd gear. Is there a difference in gearbox between a stock V6 and the SV6? like the stock gearbox is rougher? I checked all clutch fluid and **** and that's all sweet. I'm not to crash hot on cars but I'm learning, any tips?

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
How many Ks has the car done? The syncro into 3rd might be starting to wear if the clutch is all good. The same happens in our work ute.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Hi
I was wondering why my gears chrunch when I shift 2nd to 3rd gear. Is there a difference in gearbox between a stock V6 and the SV6? like the stock gearbox is rougher? I checked all clutch fluid and **** and that's all sweet. I'm not to crash hot on cars but I'm learning, any tips?

The slight difference in the stock v6 and SV6 would be a manual and auto gear box... only a slight difference

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
The slight difference in the stock v6 and SV6 would be a manual and auto gear box... only a slight difference

Shut up sedan boy, the 175 in the utes ran a 6 spd box.

If its under 100,000 clicks, then theres no reason for 3rd to be crunching. I'd guess a previous owner (if it's second hand) has been thrashing it and trying to grab 3rd too quick. our work Hilux crunches 5th coz everyone tries to flat change into 5th

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Yeah mine does the same thing, getting it looked at this week im suspecting the synchros but have also been told big end bearing & clutch could also be gone

jdrVZute

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Vee Zed Ute
yeah i bought it second hand, but the dude was like a 45 yr old man lol, i wouldn't expect him to smash gears? He was a bit gnarly looking so your probably right

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Shut up sedan boy, the 175 in the utes ran a 6 spd box.

If its under 100,000 clicks, then theres no reason for 3rd to be crunching. I'd guess a previous owner (if it's second hand) has been thrashing it and trying to grab 3rd too quick. our work Hilux crunches 5th coz everyone tries to flat change into 5th

LOL, Sedan Boy... To be honest i didnt actually know that...