Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting 120 Learner Hours

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Drive, drive , drive EVERYWHERE, hound your parents to let you drive. If you wish to be a good driver, practice makes perfect!

Or could fudge the hours and k's to suit and have the potential to be a shjt driver (if you dont have the natural feel/knack of driving)

The last thing we need is another influx of sh1T drivers on the road

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
When I got my learners I only had to do 50 hours and be on them for 6 months. Once my 6 months were up I had logged 65 real driving hours and had spent a lot of money on instructors I was getting 10 hours once a month alone I was driving from Sydney to griffith and back to sydney I would drive from home to lithgow then from Bathurst to cowra then from cowra to close to griffith then the following day I would drive from Griffith for 2 hours then from goulburn to home each driving shift was 2 hours

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
When I got my learners I only had to do 50 hours and be on them for 6 months. Once my 6 months were up I had logged 65 real driving hours and had spent a lot of money on instructors I was getting 10 hours once a month alone I was driving from Sydney to griffith and back to sydney I would drive from home to lithgow then from Bathurst to cowra then from cowra to close to griffith then the following day I would drive from Griffith for 2 hours then from goulburn to home each driving shift was 2 hours

1+1=3? Those hours don't seem to ad up, you should of had more than 65 real driving hours?
Good job on just getting into it and getting some good hours up though!

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I did the 120 hrs legit, book was done in 9 months. After that i stopped writing in all the drives. It not hard, just write in the drives and actually do some driving.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I don't think it's reasonable for 120 hours, after about 60 it's the same anyway until you're by yourself. That being said, not everyone can 'drive everywhere', mum and dad may both work all day, then at night won't take you because cbf. (My mum wouldn't even drive me anywhere). Then weekends they're always busy or don't want to go anywhere. My girlfriend has noone to drive her because of her parents that don't talk to her, and my mum won't go with her. So she has to wait til I'm 22 to teach her..

Instances like that there should be something you can do with Vicroads, as it makes it hard.

I suppose the good thing is, if you get your L's after 21, then you don't need a log book, just 6 months of having your learners.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
That trip only happened 4 times in total might have been 85 hours I don't remember and have no idea on where my old log book is

Kokentoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Storm Ute
Was easy for me since I'm always mountain biking I have to travel a fair distance to get to any of the tracks outside of Sydney, so I'd simply drive there, ride my bike and then drive back home with the old man. That way I still managed to have fun while clocking up the hours but it would have sucked otherwise and taken much longer.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Reading through this thread makes me wish I have problems clocking up 120 hours a year :(

Damn you weekly fuel bill.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
just to add. if your a parent be like my old man.

"Your either Driving or we're going Nowhere"

just a tip.