Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

givn me the sh**s

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
hey all, i replace the heater tap, the heater was working fine before i did this, now it doesnt work, ive checked that the tap is working properly, which it is, i flushed out the heater core it wasnt blocked, the coolant is going through the tap but it only blows cold air inside, what else could it be?

any help would be appreciated

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH caprice , 2010 Holden CDX Cruze
did you bleed the cooling system after doing this could be a HUGE air pocket causing it

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
i did blled it, if there was air in it, it wouldnt be getting into the heater core would it

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
does anyone have any other suggestions

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
make sure the hot/cold dial is connected correctly

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
the dial is working it operates the tap as it should, it is weird ive open the bleed screw a few times since there is a little bit of air first but not much

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
when you bleed the system you have to have the car running and have the heaters turned on to (alot of people dont turn the heaters on when bleeding) as yes you can get air pockets in the heater core

just a suggestion otherwise im beat lol could be a coincedence that the heaters went the same time but id still try bleeding with the heaters turned on

also let the car heat up to operating temp first

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
so start the car let it run upto temperature and while it is still running open the thermostat screw is this what i should do

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
so start the car let it run upto temperature and while it is still running open the thermostat screw is this what i should do

I had this same problem with my vt...only air coming out of bleeder
You need to first top up the radiator....Then put cap on..Then turn engine on...Then let it run to operating tem....Go for short drive...Then open up the bleed screw...Then when cooled down top up the radiator

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah and make sure the heaters are turned on and running cause i would put money on it you have one hell of an air block in your heater core ;)