Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM TECH 2 Vetronix scanner & Genuine software GM

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Oh ok, sweet. Yeah I noticed it has a list of vehicles that can use CAN and theres no commodores in there.. I thought VE commodores at least were CAN? That is if it is what I think it is, with all that stuff like when you can plug an iPad in, and it gives you all your fuel usage and all engine info and stuff?

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
The car listing is for us even if you buy one here on the PDF disk is all listed as us cars but the user brettJJJ has the Aussie software cards if you do buy it but if you do buy a unit in Aus make sure the listing specify that it comes with the au software

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thats nearly $600 delivered, dont pay that much for a kit, Ive found these same kits on a similar website for $460 delivered, ali express I think it was called, so have a good look around before buying one. Most of these kits wont come with the proper aussie holden software card, they mostly come with the holden export card. If getting the aussie software card is a problem, I can help.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Thats nearly $600 delivered, dont pay that much for a kit, Ive found these same kits on a similar website for $460 delivered, ali express I think it was called, so have a good look around before buying one. Most of these kits wont come with the proper aussie holden software card, they mostly come with the holden export card. If getting the aussie software card is a problem, I can help.

Aliexpress has a lot of dodgy dealers on it. You wouldn't happen to know a good one would you?

Also do you do cluster reprogramming work (if I don't get a Tech2).

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
This is the person I bought my tech 2 kit from on ali express. All I can find is the sellers email address, which was [email protected] and the kit cost was $480 USD delivered (which was around $460 aussie dollars at the time).. This seller kept in contact etc and the kit arrived fairly quickly (a week or so) considering it came from china. Yeah, I dont really program clusters as such, unless its just changing the cluster settings with the tech2, I probably havent even got the right setup here for out of car cluster programming. Im pretty sure theres a couple of guys on here who can do out of car programming of the cluster, I dont rememebr their names though unfortunately. What was it you needed done?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I have a VY Series 2 Executive (at least I think its series 2, its build is September 2003, and I think Series 2 started in August), and I just bought a VY Series 1 cluster from a VY Berlina, eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d , and I would need a few values changed.

I might try talking to my local Holden. I get on well with the parts guy, maybe he can let me talk to a good tech. Otherwise I will just buy one of these Tech2.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I have a VY Series 2 Executive (at least I think its series 2, its build is September 2003, and I think Series 2 started in August), and I just bought a VY Series 1 cluster from a VY Berlina, eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d , and I would need a few values changed.
I might try talking to my local Holden. I get on well with the parts guy, maybe he can let me talk to a good tech. Otherwise I will just buy one of these Tech2.

I can say confidently that a tech2 isnt going to sort out the series issue! Been playing with my tech2 unit all afternoon checking every possible configuration, fuel settings can only have the total tank size changed or change the configuration to suit a sedan or ute ect.
Only other way I know for sure to change Series is by eeprom or by custom sent aldl frames.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
or this one, full kit with case and all leads, free dhl courier post and take about 4-5 days for delivery current usd to aud conversion would be about au$410
Pretty old version of holden card that they are offering! Dont think its aussie version either.