Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Good Quality Radiator

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
When the car is cold and I turn the aircon the passenger side never comes on. It comes on very rarely. But the bigger driver side fan always kicks in at 108c

Maybe find the offical manual and read up on the operation of the fans. The pre-VX2s has two fans - one came on with engine temp, and the other with air conditioning. Post - VX2 the fans were changed to two speed fans and they operated together - either at low speed or high speed.

If only one fan seems to be coming on, I think it’d be worthwhile investigating to see if it is working as expected - or not.

Reactions: Lex

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Yep stationary. Or when there's slow moving traffic. Water pump was changed 30K ago so recently

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
I'll go through it later tonight and try to write exactly what's going on and how long it's been happening.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
When the car is cold and I turn the aircon the passenger side never comes on. It comes on very rarely. But the bigger driver side fan always kicks in at 108c
Is it dual zone climate control?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
No climate control. It's a 2005 VZ Wagon Lumina. Just normal aircon. Which relay or fuse is the small thermo fan. The big fan kicked in at 104 when the aircon was on the smaller fan didn't kick in

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I put a radiator from Autobarn in my VE when the original one died at about ten years old. The one I put in was from Taiwan I think. It was made by TYG, Tong Yang Group from memory and it had a Aussie name on it as well something like moto cool?
That rad was still working perfectly when I got rid of the car 7 years later. I would definitely buy another one next time.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
No climate control. It's a 2005 VZ Wagon Lumina. Just normal aircon. Which relay or fuse is the small thermo fan. The big fan kicked in at 104 when the aircon was on the smaller fan didn't kick in
Oh. You meant the fans. I thought you meant air from the ac was only coming out the drivers side (inside the car)

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
No only the thermo fan. The aircon works fine.