Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good street clutch

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
I have looked at about 50 threads this afternoon and have come up with nothing. This afternoon my vy clubbys clutch died when i was as a set of lights. basically went to take off and lost all pressure. i knew it was on the way out so its not a surprise. the only thing that did surprise me is it didnt start to slip or anything, just late on the uptake then..... dead. so i guess its the pressure plate, luckily my mechanic was at his workshop when it went.

So more to the point what is a good street clutch for a car with 250rwkw? i don't drag this car, i just want a nice clutch that will last, but is not a pig to drive. should i do everything, pressure plate, flywheel etc? cheers for the reply's.

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
looking at the exedy HD clutch. read a few good things about them, does anyone know what the feel is like on release with this clutch?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Mal wood do a good clutch for these. Brother had one and it felt like a stock clutch to drive but was nice and strong.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Wouldn't go near textralia, run by a bunch of morons and they shudder like a bitch on 90% of them. Call Mal Woods, highly recommend him

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
Wouldn't go near textralia, run by a bunch of morons and they shudder like a bitch on 90% of them. Call Mal Woods, highly recommend him

first time i have read a neg comment about Tex.....
real men drive Z grip clutches.... but if you want stock feel. get the X grip.

NPC do a good kit too.
i would use Tex or NPC.
i run a single Tex Z grip and its holding up good with 500hp going through it.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
Yeh there is no point me getting a ridiculously heavy clutch when i do alot of city driving. problem is my mechanic needs his workshop so i need to try and buy one tomorrow, at this stage its between the exedy heavy duty and RPM 2002. if i had the extra money i would get textralia x grip, but to be honest i don't have an extra $500 floating around and with the way i drive i don't think i need it. both these clutches are around the $1000 mark, any opinions on either? also should i get a new spigot bearing?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Yeh there is no point me getting a ridiculously heavy clutch when i do alot of city driving. problem is my mechanic needs his workshop so i need to try and buy one tomorrow, at this stage its between the exedy heavy duty and RPM 2002. if i had the extra money i would get textralia x grip, but to be honest i don't have an extra $500 floating around and with the way i drive i don't think i need it. both these clutches are around the $1000 mark, any opinions on either? also should i get a new spigot bearing?

Oh ok fair enough mate, yeah the x grip is great, i didnt get a new bearing in mine as i only have 40,000kms i was told if i had 70,000 + they would replace it so depends how many kms its got and if it has been thrashed heaps i suspose, i was quoted $300 fitted for the new bearing so it deff isnt cheap