Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got given this hood what can I do with it(needs repairs was told it's worth a bit)

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
send to the tip, use genuine metal bonnet....

/thread

JmL300993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan sv6
Not to bring up an old thread but i've been reading up on a company called blitz that create fiberglass parts for cars that are actually legal and approved by ADR and they do have a website stating all these details butttt i just need an idea on what its worth, not whether or not its illegal because NOT all fiberglass EXPLODES in accidents, infact good fiberglass wont.

JmL300993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan sv6
Doesn't exist as a genuine bonnet, is a crappy fibreglass monaro bonnet with the vents added on as TI3VOM posted.

Can't legally put it on anyway, fibreglass bonnets are insta-defect nation wide.

They explode in a crash sending **** everywhere, they can tear off the bonnet hinges, they mostly tear the front latch off and flip open onto the windscreen like a dukes of hazard show when driving on the freeways/highways.

And its bonnet in Australia, this aint America.

its all english isnt it, goddam you know what im sayin

i get that these issue may happen but you do realize that the bonnet on the dukes car was metal(it was a movie and is irrelevant) ADR approves fiberglass parts aswell as they are made out of extremely strong stuff and are more than 3.5mm thick, Google blits fiberglass they we're in america i think

Last edited:

JmL300993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan sv6
send to the tip, use genuine metal bonnet....

/thread

yeah definitely the go but fiberglass is what a quarter the weight of metal and if its legal then why not?