Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Guitar

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Static, tried any guitars out yet?

Clitz 2

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2
Haha. Typical Commodore Forum users.

Why is it the people on here all go by the post count you have. It also seems if you have a beaten up Bommodore from the 90's you get extra respect.

Pathetic lmao. Im yet to see anyone on this forum with a car worthy enough of them bragging about how fantastic they are.

/Banned.

Static89

I Am Ironman.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
your not going to get banned. although i do wish you could be banned fpor being a douche. unfortunatly its not in the rules.

@ Scooter79. nah mate not yet, i want to wait till i have a little bit of money before i go hunting for one. i have made note of where the local shops are though.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Haha. Typical Commodore Forum users.

Why is it the people on here all go by the post count you have. It also seems if you have a beaten up Bommodore from the 90's you get extra respect.

Pathetic lmao. Im yet to see anyone on this forum with a car worthy enough of them bragging about how fantastic they are.

/Banned.

My car isn't beaten up :banstick:

Static, What sort of budget are you going to set yourself?

bottleinspector

power starved westy
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1
is this clitz guy a knob shiner or what???
i dont remember anyone in this thread acting how he claims.
static, it seems you are getting what you want from this and thats all that really matters.
good luck with the guitar hunting, i still suggest ibanez rg series.
i own 3 rg series geetars, 1 cheap and 2 not, all great guitars....i like them better than my strat and and my explorer...they all hold a special place in my heart, but i always find myself going back to the ibanez, even the $800 version, it has been modded somewhat, but still was a great intrument straight off the rack.
and im sure u could get a good used one for about $400 these days

Static89

I Am Ironman.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
looking at bout 300-450 for ther guitar and bout 250-300 for the amp + cords

Clitz 2

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2
Get yourself a Fender (squire) Starter pack. It has every thing you need for about 300-500$ (i could be wrong on the price)

the guitar can last you for ages, the amp you will probably want to upgrade later.

If you start liking guitar, Look into effects pedals, this is where electric gets mega interesting and fun.

After that, look at loop pedals/recording eq and software

and you have unlimited amounts of fun.

Edit -
you can also pick up some awesome deals on ebay check it out

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Some of the new Squire stuff coming out is pretty nasty. I'm talking about hardware wise. One of my students has a new Squire strat and the machine heads actually have slack in them. You have to make a 1/8th of a turn before it actually does anything to the tuning post. Tuning stability is terrible and very uninspiring to play.

I ordered a Squire Jazz bass for the school 12 months ago and right out of the box it had faulty wiring and knobs were falling off. Squire stuff from the 80's was very good quality but thats when it was Japanese made and had a higher price tag.

I'd still lean towards an Ibanez. Check out the Ibanez SA60. Can be had for a bout $400.

If your after a good little practice amp check out the Roland Cube series. The 15 watt version is about $230 and for a pocket size practice amp they have a mean sounding distortion.

My other bit of advice is never pay full retail price or even the sticker price. Always haggle. A decent lead they should be able to throw in for free if you buy a guitar or amp.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I'm considering selling a few of my guitars if your interested

Jackson dinky, USA built, select series RRP $3500, looking for $2500 ono

Ibanez S470 Korean built, RRP $1500, looking for $600

Suhr Classic strat RRP $4000 USA built, sell $3000

But for a learner, probably all above your budget.

Ibanez would be my choice of starter guitars

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I did a recording session at a local studio today. The guy doing the recording had quite a collection hiding in the cupboards. A (USA) Gibson Les Paul Studio in cream colour, a '54 reissue Fender strat, a Gibson 355 hollow body, an early model Maton acoustic and a 2005 Martin acoustic. Also had a early 90's Fender strat that was once owned by Jack Jones(formerly singer of Southern sons and a gun player). Not sure what the series was but had gold lace pickups, American deluxe trem, a Fender LSR roller nut and white in colour. They were just the ones that I got to play.