Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

H.I.D install in a vt commodore?

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
Hey guys iv done searches but I can't find anything, if anyone has a link I can go to or can explain to me how to install them it would be greatly appreicated

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
So in other words having hid in a stock vt headlight is stupid? Lol

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
Is there a way so it doesn't or change headlight completely

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Get better globes or enjoy being defected.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Just aim HIDs a little lower than stock lights and they will still give you better vision without blinding anyone. I have HIDs on my VS, without projector lamps (though I am in the market for some if anyone can find me some to suit a VS :( ) and I don't get flashed so I assume my lights bother no-one, and the cops don't look twice. Its not as if the car isn't noticable lol they all take a second look, but not at the headlights :)

Even if you get projector lamps though, to be genuinely legal then you must also have self levelling.

Another option is to only fit HID to the high beam, and leave the high/low beam as a standard H4. You can add better globes to the H4 instead if you like. If your state requires regular inspections though, you are still going to have to stick standard globes in both before you get inspected.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Even if you get projector lamps though, to be genuinely legal then you must also have self levelling.
and headlight washers... :D

But just get projector lamps, you'll love em, and others will thank you for it if you go down the HID path...