Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hand held cordless vacuums?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
We were looking at replacing our normal vacuum (2000w) for a new modern fandangled cordless stick hand held unit for convenience but we tried one out at the shop today and it seemed to have **** all suction compared to our old dinosaur back home?

Any one have any experience?

We were looking at,

Any one have any experience with these things? No point spending a fortune on a vacuum only for the missus to complain it doesn't suck!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They are ok, we have one but suction wise they don't come close to a decent normal vac. They are ok on hard floors to suck up pet hair. But try and suck up cat litter and you will struggle.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
We've has this for 6 months or so.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
aOQcjcc.jpeg

Has two power modes.

Use on low on our predominately hard floors (tiles and floor boards) and high for rugs and upstairs carpets.

High obviously sucks the juice but does clean well.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
baPutiV.jpeg
And this bit detaches for a handy vac.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
I got a dyson stick vacuum last year, Its heaps better than any cord vacuum I've used.
First time I used it I put it on boost and done the whole house, Afterwards the carpet felt like new and it picked up loads of dirt and cat hair.
Usually get about 15 minutes from fully charged, Which is fine because I live in a town house and can do both floors in that time.

Another bonus is if there happens to be a cockroach in the house, Just put the short attachment on and suck it up. No more trying to squash bugs

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
They complement a corded vac. The technology just isn’t there yet to fully replace corded.
It’s workable if you don’t have wall to wall carpets. Ive got a Dyson cordless vac as the only vacuum in the house. I do have a corded vac but it lives in the garage and is hardly ever needed.

My house has polished floorboards with a few rugs scattered around so a cordless works fine in that scenario. If you had carpets throughout the house a cordless wouldn’t get it all done.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I bought a Ryobi 20L Wet/Dry unit at Bunnings for $120 and works really well, as I usually only use it on the customers cars I wash and polish/wax.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It’s workable if you don’t have wall to wall carpets. Ive got a Dyson cordless vac as the only vacuum in the house. I do have a corded vac but it lives in the garage and is hardly ever needed.

My house has polished floorboards with a few rugs scattered around so a cordless works fine in that scenario. If you had carpets throughout the house a cordless wouldn’t get it all done.
We also have a Dyson barrel vac. The wife paid a lot of money for the name I told her. This was before we met otherwise I'd have talked her out of it, knowing from experience how little suction Dyson's have compared to some other brands.