Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Harmonic Balancer Puller VP.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Has anyone used the cheap Ebay Pullers to remove the HB.There are several on there from $20-$50 which is probably similar to hiring one. TIA..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/13PC-HAR...710306?hash=item1c5d054362:g:tyQAAOSwlV9WTshM
I used the puller in the link on a VP years ago, but the balancer really needed a hook type puller, so all I did was bent a 15mm hook on the end of some 6 mm cup head bolts I had.
Bent them in the vice with a hammer.
They were about 100x6 for memory.
Bit fiddly but pulled it off easy once I got the bolt hooks in place.
I used a breaker bar and socket on the balancer bolt and hit the starter.
Came undone easy.
No idea what the bolt size it is, I would guess 19mm, but be warned, leave the balancer bolt in place, but undone a bit, to get the puller started

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i bought one of those off the shelf chinese pullers at super cheap (like the one in the ebay link) thinking it had the right size bolts for my vp balancer. all the bolts were too big, so i went to bunnings and bought some long 10mm bolts with big ass washers and it worked fine. the washers will just bend in a little depending on how thick they are. the hole size on the balancer is 10mm though.