Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Have you been in/sat in a VZ yet?

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
I have driven the SV6 bloody flies i think the engine sounds fine i think it has a real mean sound to it anyway im not sure if there is much difference in the noise between the 175 and 190 motors. The one i drove was a red one only seen 2 others in the area.

BobT

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
My SV6 doesn't seem to have any exhaust noise. It's all intake noise. A little more of an exhaust note would be nice.

I'm still running it in. While being easy on the pedal, the 5 speed auto keeps it at about 2000rpm no matter what the speed. Good for running in. But give it a bit of stick and all hell breaks loose. The 5 speeder will happily give you a cog to red line the engine. Blink and you’re there. Blink again and you are flying out the other end of the intersection at 120kph and back to 2000rpm. I don’t know whether it’s the fly by wire, the 190 engine or the 5 speed auto or all three together but this is a lightning fast responsive package.

H

hsv_chick

where is my ss

i ordered my impulse VZ SS on friday last week, got excited when the car yard called, but he said there are no SS VZ utes in manual in stockpiles aust-wide....it must be built in adelaide.

i find it hard to believe...pi$$ing me off. i couldn't test drive one so i ordered it anyway, (probably coz its blue, and they sound great,) but 6 bloody wks.

could it possibly be longer...can anyone tell me please...im just dying to upgrade from my 97 suzuki vitara.
cheers
hsv_chick :shutup:

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Yeah Iwhen I orderd my SV6 it was 6weeks if I wanted stock car with side airbags, or 12 weeks if I wanted the rear parking sensors included. I could not believe it would take that long to get a car... as it was it took almost 9 weeks so I should have got the park assist opstion for the sake of another 4 weeks :(

MySV6

R

r00ns

hsv_chick said:
i ordered my impulse VZ SS on friday last week, got excited when the car yard called, but he said there are no SS VZ utes in manual in stockpiles aust-wide....it must be built in adelaide.

i find it hard to believe...pi$$ing me off. i couldn't test drive one so i ordered it anyway, (probably coz its blue, and they sound great,) but 6 bloody wks.

could it possibly be longer...can anyone tell me please...im just dying to upgrade from my 97 suzuki vitara.
cheers
hsv_chick :shutup:

I think youll be lucky to get it in 6 weeks to be honest.
They havent built normal utes in weeks.And who know when they will be built on a regular schedule. :mad:

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
been in a vz monaro.......fkn niceeeeee i tell ya....i wish i could drive it though

pplugg

Reaction score
Website
mangacityracing.clicdev.com
Members Ride
April 2003 Holden Commodore VY1 Commodore Acclaim
my younger brother bought a VZ SS Ute and ended up crashing up the arse of an unmarked HWP car at almost 130ks, he got a fine for almost $8500 for the repairs of the HWP car, drink driving, and speeding, fortunately i was lucky enough to be able to drive it before he totalled it it drove like a dream compared to my VN so i have to say i might upgrade soon or i'll get a Ford F-250 and build my VN into a drag car i havent decided yet

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
What on earth possessed your brother to jump into the car while drunk and drive at 130km/h!!! If ask me, that kind of behaviour shows that they are not worthy of driving any sort of car! I hope he has learnt his lesson. Is he ok though, because that sort of crash would cause a serious injury! What a waste of such a nice car though!

Last edited:

pplugg

Reaction score
Website
mangacityracing.clicdev.com
Members Ride
April 2003 Holden Commodore VY1 Commodore Acclaim
he actually only broke his left leg and got a slight concussion thank god he was wearing a seatbelt otherwise it would have been much worse
and my brother has a slight problem in his head so he doesnt think very well also the VZ was his first car i told him to get a VN like me but he never listens to me
but from now on i think he will listen to me at least a little bit more as his VZ was unfortunately uninsured
a bit of a kick in the head dont you think so?
i will also try and upload some pics