Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head Until In A VT Berlina

f1ferrari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Series 2
Muttley said:
Same car, same stereo. Jaycar splits, Pioneer 6x9s (but no sub or amp). Very happy with result. Plenty enough bass for me.

Your setup is like mine except I went for Pioneer splits at the front. I know what you mean about the bass but as I already had the canon I thought I would add it in. For a 6" canon you would be surprised how much of a difference it makes. But the best part about it is that I can enjoy my bass without it being heard 5 streets away....

Muttley said:
For pockets to fill the other hole, I ended up getting a genuine Holden pocket

Where?!?!?!?! How Much?!?!?!? I went to various Holden dealers here in Sydney as well as the Suttons spare parts distributor in Lidcombe and they all told me the same thing. Holden does not make pockets.

Muttley said:
BTW, I still haven't got my power antenna working. Tried all combinations I could find based on the wiring charts and info here. Given up for the moment, but keen to hear if you have any problems. PM me if you like. I used a wiring harness adapter plug to make the wiring easy with a bit of re-routing in and out to accomodate new speakers and splits.

Did you use the AERPRO adaptor? (refer pic below) This is the one I used and all I did was hook up the blue cable from this to the remote wire (also blue) on the Pioneer and all worked fine. I was concerned that the aerial would now be all the way up (I like to keep mine only at roof level to avoid damaging it) but as I had it set at the roof level before taking out the old H/U it now only goes to that hight when the Pioneer is plugged in.

Now all I need is to find some time to pull my dash out and I'll be able to enjoy my Pioneer on a permanent basis. It's amazing how crap the Eurovox really sounds when you plug a good stereo in.

Attachments

• adaptor.jpg
    adaptor.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 555

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
12Voltking said:
-EDIT- I was in the same mode as StoneX for about 2 years before I realised that there was no harm in just forcing it into the hole.

No point in wasting time with anything else.
Haha... They don't need to know about your sex life :rofl: :p ;)

f1ferrari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Series 2
genIIIbandit said:
looks like u got a sick ride from the thumb photo, so go the extra mile, good luck

Thanks heaps mate, I'll see if I can upload some full size pic's for you and others to see it clearer.

:driving:

Muttley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
f1ferrari said:
Where?!?!?!?! How Much?!?!?!? I went to various Holden dealers here in Sydney as well as the Suttons spare parts distributor in Lidcombe and they all told me the same thing. Holden does not make pockets.

I got mine from Autobarn at Slacks Creek (in Brisbane). They guy reckons they are genuine Holden although they didn't come in a Holden packet, so maybe just made by someone for Holden. Not cheap, cost about $35 but fit much better than the cheap one I got first (and took back).

f1ferrari said:
Did you use the AERPRO adaptor? (refer pic below) This is the one I used and all I did was hook up the blue cable from this to the remote wire (also blue) on the Pioneer and all worked fine. I was concerned that the aerial would now be all the way up (I like to keep mine only at roof level to avoid damaging it) but as I had it set at the roof level before taking out the old H/U it now only goes to that hight when the Pioneer is plugged in.

I used the same adapter and soldered it to the wires from the plug that came with the HU. It's long enough so that I can get to the plug without pulling the dash apart now. I just need to pull the side panel off.

As for the antenna, it was fully down when I replaced the HU. How did you get yours to stay up? Doesn't it go down automatically when you turn the car off? Anyway, I don't have the code for the original stereo as I replaced the unit soon after I bought it and I didn't feel like paying Holden to give me the code when I was going to take it out anyway. I tried hooking it up again but without the code the antenna doesn't go up.

[Edit] I should clarify, I didn't use the cage that came with the stereo. Just screwed the HU directly to the mounting box in the car.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
oh sex life? well, she gets cranky when I just jam it in...

Now I give her some warning ;) :p

Muttley...disconnect the antenna wire from the HU and put 12Volts to it and watch it shoot up! then reconnect it to the CD Player :D

Muttley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
12Voltking said:
Muttley...disconnect the antenna wire from the HU and put 12Volts to it and watch it shoot up! then reconnect it to the CD Player :D

Thanks. Will give it another try.

Muttley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Antenna goes UP, Antenna goes DOWN

I know this is going back a while but I finally got time to have another go at my antenna and finally have it working again. Here are the key facts:

1. If you use the wiring harness as most people suggest, then it will connect the blue wire from the HU to the Yellow/Red in the wiring harness. This tells the antenna control unit that the radio is on. It doesn't supply power to the motor, this comes directly from the battery.

2. If you had the antenna up when you took out the old HU then it should go back up to that spot when you hook up the new HU.

3. If you had the antenna down when you replaced the unit (like I did) then the antenna stays down. Read on to find out how to fix it.

There are 2 wires in the harness to control antenna UP (Light Blue) and DOWN (White). To control the antenna height, connect EARTH to either the UP or DOWN wire. Not 12V. Once you have it in the spot you like, simply leave them unconnected in the plug and the antenna will return to that spot when the HU is on and go down when the HU is off.

If you want to control it, you will need to put a 3 way rocker switch somewhere to switch EARTH to either wire.

cheers
Muttley