Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headliner from where

trekking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
Anyone know what brand or what type of headliner is good for a vx roof?
I just been spotlight and they got hundreds of fabrics I'm so confused

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You need material from a proper upholstery shop, not Spotlight. It needs to be the foam backed gear. Since you're asking the question where to buy, I think it will be best left to a motor trimmer. The job is a prick to get right and YouTube vids won't help you get it right. I have been there and ended up with a wrinkle and had to get it redone using a new SH board. Pulling the lining and dropping it off is the best option.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Others may be able to say if they have done their VT-VX roof lining in recent years and if the factory style was available again. I did mine about 15 years ago and at the time it wasn't available and had to use the newer VY-VZ mesh type. I didn't care, I wanted roof lining fixed. But I never found out if it was just a shortage at that time, or the guy being lazy getting any in, some warehouse fire where it all came in from. I never knew if it was existing and old stock or if it was still produced at that time, or continues to be now.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Clark rubber sell the headliner.

Was a couple of people on here that got me onto the faux suede stuff. Did my Cross 8 and my Crewman with it.
Was very happy. Looks the shizz.

The spray adhesive, I always use 3M Hightac. I’ve done quite a few headliners over the years and 3M never fails me down the track.

eBay for material and 3M adhesive.

Take the chance to get some sound deadener across the roof. Get it from car builders.

trekking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
Clark rubber sell the headliner.

Was a couple of people on here that got me onto the faux suede stuff. Did my Cross 8 and my Crewman with it.
Was very happy. Looks the shizz.

The spray adhesive, I always use 3M Hightac. I’ve done quite a few headliners over the years and 3M never fails me down the track.

eBay for material and 3M adhesive.

Take the chance to get some sound deadener across the roof. Get it from car builders.
Are you talking about this product and not having to use spray adhesive?

Screenshot_20230906_072159_eBay.jpg

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is. Just get it from Clark rubber or eBay.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
You need material from a proper upholstery shop, not Spotlight. It needs to be the foam backed gear. Since you're asking the question where to buy, I think it will be best left to a motor trimmer. The job is a prick to get right and YouTube vids won't help you get it right. I have been there and ended up with a wrinkle and had to get it redone using a new SH board. Pulling the lining and dropping it off is the best option.
^^^. This.

Having done roof linings myself over the years as well as paid for it to be done I wouldn’t do it myself ever again. Far too difficult to do a good job and the professionals aren’t that expensive anyway.