Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater/AC fan working oddly..

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Hey all,

I've done a search and couldn't really find anything (might be just my search).

My problem has just been recently when the Cold/Hot knob for the climate control is anywhere other than all the way cold 'C' or hot 'H' the fan will only modulate its speed slightly, and the overall temperature does not change much between 17 - 30 degrees. Before this was happening, the AC was really cold and really hot without having to go all the way to 'C' or 'H'.

So now its either really hot 'H', really cold 'C' or just luke warm air (anywhere 17-30 degrees without much change in temp).

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? If my description isnt very good I can try clarify lol.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Pop the bonnet and look at the top and bottom heater hoses and see if they are leaking red coolant out of them and your coolant level is dropping.
Mine were leaking coolant, I had them replaced for $50 fitted and instantly the AC worked again fine.

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
My Series 2 was playing up. I discovered the A/C was on anti pollution mode. Hold down the recycle button (the one with the car and looped arrow.) and pollution mode on will flash up on the screen, repeat to reverse the setting.
Mine was on and was making the A/C do strange things like switching all over the place.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Sweet, will give it a go.

I just checked all the radiator pipes and there are no leaks to be seen, will be hard to tell once it's warm cos it's raining.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Try pulling the facia off then refitting it, might be a dodgy connection thats usually cleaned up by doing this.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Make sure someone hasn't manually adjusted the fan which would take it out of full auto mode. Make sure auto is lit up!

grundybin

Reaction score
Website
elektron.host.sk
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 Wagon
Curious, is the air conditioner suppose to be always on in full auto mode? As I see the icon always on regardless of what temp setting I have....

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Changing the fan speed manually should take it out of auto from memory.