Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater core

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Holden used to give us 7hrs to do the job.
Once I'd done a few, I could usually knock it over in about 4-5 hrs

but yeah, first one takes a while

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
In the middle of putting climate box into my vp exec. Noticed climate box have 2 drain pipes at base of unit however my vp only have one hole on the left side for drain. Is it necessary to make another hole or can I just add a tube to join the right drain pipe to the hole in the floor on the left? The other issue is, so bloody hard to push the climate unit back in to align the bolt in points. Both heater pipes are only just showing through the firewall. Any tips?

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
i cheated.... i bent the metal brace down with a hammer to get some more room to pry the box open by hand. i just undid the screws around the rim and did my thing. saved me from taking the whole unit out and re-gassing the AC. worked really well, i had my missus push down on the other corner while i pried open the driver side of it and slipped it right in... then i bent the brace back to shape and put the 10mm bolts back... took me about 8 hours all up and that was with a couple of breaks in between...

IMG_3494.jpg

This is the reason why I'll be getting rid of the car if mine packs it in.

My dash has zero rattles - guaranteed if I pulled it apart like that, it would rattle and creak like crazy.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
This is the reason why I'll be getting rid of the car if mine packs it in.

My dash has zero rattles - guaranteed if I pulled it apart like that, it would rattle and creak like crazy.

actually the rattle that was there before i started is still there now, no new rattles. all you have to do is make sure you put it back how it came out, dont leave out any screws. also youll be retightening everything thats been loosening itself for the last 20 years. i wouldnt worry about it...

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
here comes the heater problems,once we start using our heaters!!
i used mine first time today in my vt clubposrt and BAM, the heater tap shots it self, luckily that's an easy fix.