Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help VN and me falling apart

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
didnt you say anything to them, didnt they say anything to you when you got your car back? like sorry?

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
:bang: I know youre all going to sigh at this; but i recently leant my vn to some neighbours, and it came back with 28 things broken on it..I dont know the first thing about cars, and figured this is as good a time as any to start. First job on the block...window winder mechanisms Please help a newbie..If it helps your frustration level.. Im blonde irish and female lol

First of all, tell your neighbour that you have found many problems with the car that did not exist before your gave them a lend of your car. Take them around the car and point out the problems. Tell them that you let them use your car on the expectation that the car would have been returned in the condition you left it. Since you have been a good neighbour to them, you shouldn't have to deal with these problems.

There is no harm in bringing these issues up with your neighbour. There is a high chance that they will deny that they did anything wrong, but there is also a chance they might face up to it. If it was me, I would take it to them and demand that they fix the problems and if they didn't....well....lets just say I would make their life difficult.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I see you're from Dalby this explains a lot. There is a stack of cheap wreckers in Toowoomba get a lift in with your list that Azk made for you or call around and get prices. VN's are common around those parts so parts shouldn't be that hard to track down. Grab a "gregories" from supercheap for $40 and it will tell you how to replace lots of stuff with pictures. Whatever you cannot do get done by a mechanic you can trust. If you're neighbours a dropkick don't even bother hitting them up for the money because it could be more trouble than it's worth.

Hindsights a wonderful thing but my dad gave me good advice when I was young. "Never lend anyone your car or your missus".

aletakmoore

littlelostsock
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
Hi All,

Im no longer in Dalby...moved to the big smoke....cars nearly fixed....just thought Id let you all know, that I didnt notice til I moved that the neighbours also stole my spare tyre....AND YES....found out at night with a flat....go on.....laugh it up.......

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Hi All,

Im no longer in Dalby...moved to the big smoke....cars nearly fixed....just thought Id let you all know, that I didnt notice til I moved that the neighbours also stole my spare tyre....AND YES....found out at night with a flat....go on.....laugh it up.......

:rofl: Your neighbours are Faaarrrrrrkkked. Id take the flat tyre and set it on fire in their loungeroom

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Irish and Blonde eh? Damned from the start if you ask me ;) Glad you got your car back on the road....can I borrow it?