Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with VY11 SS sedan?????

DOMAN8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY11 SS sedan
Hi guys,
Wondering if i can get some help.
I have a 2003 VY11 SS sedan auto which has 156000kms. It still drives like new. I have fitted a 2.5" cat back exhaust but that is the only mod. Can anyone recommend some cheap tricks/mods i can do to get more power and torque. I was going to do a MAFless tune and OTRCAI but money has become a problem. I can only spend around $500 ATM. Any help is appreciated.

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
Had my old VYSS mafless tuned by Oztrack for $500 a few yrs ago really made a big difference, I didn't go the OTR route though I had some spare pvc pipe lying around so I just modified the airbox. But I would save up more before you do anything.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Until you have a spare couple of grand,spend the $500 on keeping the car in perfect tune.Plugs,leads,fuel and air filters etc.It might not sound different and it certainly won't look any different but you'll still be quicker than most SS's that may have all the add ons but are in a **** state of tune.

Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman VYII SS
Until you have a spare couple of grand,spend the $500 on keeping the car in perfect tune.Plugs,leads,fuel and air filters etc.It might not sound different and it certainly won't look any different but you'll still be quicker than most SS's that may have all the add ons but are in a **** state of tune.

I'm with you there.
The only route I'd go would be extractors, system and a tune for fear of reselling the vehicle with all the extra **** on it.