Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HID Headlight upgrade kits

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
another one of these useless HID Threads,, been done so many times,, just search an you'll find the info you need,, I personally hate ppl who have HID's, they are overkill, to bright create a hazard for other road users cos they cant see **** and if they was so good then why dont all car manufacturers use them from factory,,

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
they probably don't use them because at around $50 a globe people would cry if they had to buy a new one lol..

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
HID lights are fine so long as u either use the 4300k or the 6000k aaand you have projector headlights. If you dont have projector lights they go everywhere and i want to kill everybody who has them!!

All cars with them as stock are running 4300k btw

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
They also need a self leveling system apparently

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
meh either way they are still illegal if ur car doesnt have them standard but each to their own

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Why is it that each time HID lights are mentioned, all these people pop up and say how illegal it is as if its the only mod that we all do to our cars that is illegal. I see many other threads about people wanting to supercharge or turbocharge their car, or lower it to the bump stomps, or put huge rims on, and there seems to be very few people which jump into the thread and tell the original poster that its illegal and not to do it. Just amusing how often it happens with HIDs as if its the biggest no no with car mods.

So many things we do to our cars are illegal including HIDs.......anyway, see my link below about HIDs and get them from;

EZIHID - HID Conversion Kits, Globes, All In One Kits, HID Lights Perth Western Australia, HID KitsAftermarket headlights Sydney Western Australia, Hid xenon kits Sydney, Hid xenon kits Sydney nsw, Hid xenon kits Sydney Western Australia, Hid convers

Great guy, great backup service, you don't need to deal with overseas to get inexpensive HIDs, plus these are fantastic quality. I just bought a set for my Calais VZ Low and High Beam 6000k. Yes you can get from overseas, but the after sales service isn't there. EziHid will bend over backwards to see that your purchase arrives safely. Link below to HID thread;

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-holden-commodore-2002-2004/138067-hid-kits-ebay.html

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
to the OP the kits will be like around the $50 mark I believe

Last edited:

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Most things are made in china now days..... did you read your box?
a HID kit is roughly $50 bux if you get it without going through a middle man.

And whats your point about China? At no stage did I indicate where the products from EziHid where made. And by no way did I indicate that they weren't chinese made. I work in Electrical Retail and have done for 7 years and 95% of the AV Products are made in China.

My reference was to the customer service with which he provides. I did had a faulty globe in one of my kits. Upon contacting EziHid, I had a new globe in the mail enroute to me the same day. I even had a phone number to call and speak person to person. Its service like this which you can't get from China.

Its entirely up to you junny and others as to where everybody purchases their HID kits from. I merely provided my opinion and experiences above. Just read carefully before making infractions about my post without basis, cheers Champ!

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
true. My apologies =[