Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HID Headlight upgrade kits

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Now that we've established they are not legal, some helpful info:

I have bought and am installing a kit into my VN, because I am sick of not being able to see enough at night and most of my driving is on country roads. Listing price on the kit was $279, it's a switchable high-low H4 kit, I picked it up 2nd hand with about 10minutes of use for $100. Slimline ballasts, the works. It's a 6000K setup.

:) hope that helps, will give feedback once it's installed but don't hold your breath, will wait til car has passed engineer inspection and been rego'd with the LS1 in it.

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
I did a search but couldnt find anything, maybe I need to hone my searching skills. I did think when i searched that it was odd that there werent any threads coming up because I figured it had been asked before

I know alot of people who have fitted these kits to their 4wd's and to their aftermarket IPF, Lightforce or Narva driving lights and they are bright, but those lights dont bother me anywhere near as much as clowns who drive around witht their fog lights on in clear weather just because they think they look cool.

The standard headlights on my old VP were pretty good and I had one of those $80 nudge bar things with 2 narva 100w driving lights mounted on it to help at night. If you live in the city good headlights arent as important, but living in the counrty and facing kangaroo's on a regular basis having good lighting is essential.

Matt

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
I did a search but couldnt find anything, maybe I need to hone my searching skills. I did think when i searched that it was odd that there werent any threads coming up because I figured it had been asked before

I know alot of people who have fitted these kits to their 4wd's and to their aftermarket IPF, Lightforce or Narva driving lights and they are bright, but those lights dont bother me anywhere near as much as clowns who drive around witht their fog lights on in clear weather just because they think they look cool.

The standard headlights on my old VP were pretty good and I had one of those $80 nudge bar things with 2 narva 100w driving lights mounted on it to help at night. If you live in the city good headlights arent as important, but living in the counrty and facing kangaroo's on a regular basis having good lighting is essential.

Matt

Same for driving with headlights in daytime? Where do you draw the line? lol

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Same for driving with headlights in daytime? Where do you draw the line? lol

My headlights are always on during the day. The headlights come on when I unlock the doors and turn off when they lock, or when the timer runs out. That way I can see my car and the surrounding area when I leave work at night. Though I have had a couple of occasions where when parking in shopping centre, people have said to me I have left my lights on. I say no I haven't and lock the door, they are usually astonished, modern technology at its finest. LOL.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
My headlights are always on during the day. The headlights come on when I unlock the doors and turn off when they lock, or when the timer runs out. That way I can see my car and the surrounding area when I leave work at night. Though I have had a couple of occasions where when parking in shopping centre, people have said to me I have left my lights on. I say no I haven't and lock the door, they are usually astonished, modern technology at its finest. LOL.

Don't you love that feature :)
(off topic) had a turbo timer once, people kept coming up and saying my cars still running, I say is it? then it stops. They were amazed!

I always have at least my parkers on anyway. It's not illegal here so no-one can do anything about it:p

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
I don't care at all what lights people have on, unless they are HOMO coloured park lights/ head lights, or spastic bright spotties.

personal choice as far as i'm concerned. I keep them off because they're a waste of energy.. but sometimes if I think the car is really presenting well I'll have the lights on to accentuate the fact :) silly i know, but there you have it