Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Last time I was at Sandown Raceway, the DB mic was on the front straight (little over half way down when your in topish gear and WOT.
Ring Sandown Raceway and ask where they mics are situated so you can back off if possible. Sandown are ruthless and will send you home if your way over 75db. Bloody local council let residential houses be built very close and the residents winge when exhaust noise is too loud..

Are you doing a club trackday or driver dynamic day ?

Thanks, that's good to know. Not doing it anymore, but was invited to a club track day, full CAMS setup with extinguisher etc needed.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Last time I was at Sandown Raceway, the DB mic was on the front straight (little over half way down when your in topish gear and WOT.
Ring Sandown Raceway and ask where they mics are situated so you can back off if possible. Sandown are ruthless and will send you home if your way over 75db. Bloody local council let residential houses be built very close and the residents winge when exhaust noise is too loud..

Are you doing a club trackday or driver dynamic day ?

Yea, that really pisses me off, they knew there was a racetrack there before they moved in.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Thanks, that's good to know. Not doing it anymore, but was invited to a club track day, full CAMS setup with extinguisher etc needed.

All you need to do is bolt a bracket to your seat rails with an extinguisher, I made one up out of 3mm sheet and painted it black. You will need ankle to wrist clothing, enclosed shoes and a helmet.
Sandown is fun to drive around but hard on brakes.
You should go for it, you will love it. If you are too loud, just park the car and enjoy the rest of the day.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yea, that really pisses me off, they knew there was a racetrack there before they moved in.

Happened over here with the Claremont speedway too.

Speedway been there ~100 years. Yuppies been there 5 mins. Speedway too loud !!

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
All you need to do is bolt a bracket to your seat rails with an extinguisher, I made one up out of 3mm sheet and painted it black. You will need ankle to wrist clothing, enclosed shoes and a helmet.
You should go for it, you will love it. If you are too loud, just park the car and enjoy the rest of the day.

Getting my car ready (with extinguisher etc) is on my list just not there yet, mainly due to laziness. The other track days I've done haven't needed any of that stuff so it's been easy, just rock up and go hard.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Got a pic of the bracket?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Got a pic of the bracket?

Yep, it's a bit grubby, forgot where I put it. I was always going to add a support at right angles but never got around to it. I have seen some that use both front seat bolts, but I got away with using one.

IMG_9840.JPG IMG_9841.JPG IMG_9842.JPG

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
i wonder how long before calder park is destroyed by greedy developers
these old race tracks are part of our history, culture ect
i use to love the pile ups at the thunderdome watching nascar, hqs ect
i hope one day it gets a makeover and super cars rounds return, would hate to see it bulldozed for dogbox housing

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi all

My insurance renewal from RACV arrived today for my Director. Better hang on and get ready all you Director/MSE owners, I was paying under $700 premium for the current period and my renewal has come in at $918.82. I phoned RACV asking why such a massive increase (nearly 30%) and the representative told me when the Holden Director was first released they had no previous data on how many had been in accidents and how likely they were to be involved in an accident.

Data has shown RACV that the Holden Directors have been in many accidents and that they are a risky car to insure. I asked them how many and they said hundreds had been in accidents!!! I said wow I would like to see this data as I am led to believe only a few hundred of these very limited collector models were built and some of them are still in the new car showrooms.

The tune of the phone call quickly changed, I told them this data should not really affect me anyway as I have only travelled 130k's and will probably put no more k's on it over the next 12 months. They put me on hold and came back with an approx 10% discount at $840.72.

I have no option but to at least take the time to shop around for a better insurance company that does not use "lies" to entice me to agree to their policies even if it costs more in premiums switching insurers.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Last edited:

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Hi all

My insurance renewal from RACV arrived today for my Director. Better hang on and get ready all you MSE owners, I was paying under $700 premium for the current period and my renewal has come in at $918.82. I phoned RACV asking why such a massive increase (nearly 30%) and the representative told me when the Holden Director was first released they had no previous data on how many had been in accidents and how likely they were to be involved an accident.

Data has shown RACV that the Holden Directors have been in many accidents and that they are a risky car to insure. I asked them how many and they said hundreds had been in accidents!!! I said wow I would like to see this data as I am led to believe only a few hundred of these very limited collector models were built and some of them are still in the new car showrooms.

The tune of the phone call quickly changed, I told them this data should not really affect me anyway as I have only travelled 130k's and will probably put no more k's on it over the next 12 months. They put me on hold and came back with an approx 10% discount at $840.72.

I have no option but to at least take the time to shop around for a better insurance company that does not use "lies" to entice me to agree to their policies even if it costs more in premiums switching insurers.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

LOL what a joke. Take your business somewhere else, if you're barely driving it you can do better.