Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Just received a price on my manual Motorsport $69,150 drive away from Sunbury Holden just 10 minutes after Alan Mance Holden offering one and the same for $78,000. When I asked them why such a high price the guy said "well we only have one left and they are rare"..nice! Mine will be a June build and available in July, probably not an ideal time of year to cruise around in a nice clean car. Looking at Opti Pro before any extended use.
That's where I'm getting my Magnum.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Thanks Alan, sorry Martin, ;)
Can they determine the BD without a GMON?
Hi 426Cuda, to be honest I have NFI, never bought a new car before so don't know the process. I was told the 26th June by the sales rep, couple of weeks later I was told by the sales manager the 26th June. Maybe some weird coincidence, maybe a conspiracy, who knows, apart from the Doctor :)
Is it normal practice for a dealership to provide the GMON to a purchaser or is it used for internal purposes? I haven't asked for it and it hasn't been offered to me, if it had I'd probably ask what it is for but bugger it I'm going to have a guess. Its a reference number that correlates the purchasers details/contract details/order details/option details with a build number/allocation.
Glad you asked the question though Cuda cos in thinking about it I reckon those sicko's have made the whole thing up just so they can sit around the staff table at lunch time and have huge laugh at my expense, bast###ds! God I'm glad I'm not paranoid :)
I'm just along for the ride and enjoying the thread and hearing how excited and happy people are with their new cars. I might ask about the GMON, do I need to know it?
Regards,
The one formally known as Alan

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Just received a price on my manual Motorsport $69,150 drive away from Sunbury Holden just 10 minutes after Alan Mance Holden offering one and the same for $78,000. When I asked them why such a high price the guy said "well we only have one left and they are rare"..nice! Mine will be a June build and available in July, probably not an ideal time of year to cruise around in a nice clean car. Looking at Opti Pro before any extended use.
Hi macman, $69K for a MSE is a really keen price, I'd be grabbing that with both hands.

macman

Reaction score
Members Ride
MotorSport
Yes Martin I thought it was pretty good too and couldn't believe the price of 78K at A Mance

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
perhaps go to the media, like car magazines, they would love to publish a story about this, perhaps even name and shame the dealer for their greedy practices.

Many thanks SuperCoach, I have discussed with the commentators
On car advice which is radio programme that goes to air via the 3AW network each Monday evening ( great show worth a listen)
The Comentators agree, dealers are not doing thier customer loyalty any favours by escalating prices, some are being opportunistic , as apparently some Ford Dealers were with the Ford Sprint, some of which fetched ( reportedly) 100k

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Did well. Amazing antics from some dealers.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi 426Cuda, to be honest I have NFI, never bought a new car before so don't know the process. I was told the 26th June by the sales rep, couple of weeks later I was told by the sales manager the 26th June. Maybe some weird coincidence, maybe a conspiracy, who knows, apart from the Doctor :)
Is it normal practice for a dealership to provide the GMON to a purchaser or is it used for internal purposes? I haven't asked for it and it hasn't been offered to me, if it had I'd probably ask what it is for but bugger it I'm going to have a guess. Its a reference number that correlates the purchasers details/contract details/order details/option details with a build number/allocation.
Glad you asked the question though Cuda cos in thinking about it I reckon those sicko's have made the whole thing up just so they can sit around the staff table at lunch time and have huge laugh at my expense, bast###ds! God I'm glad I'm not paranoid :)
I'm just along for the ride and enjoying the thread and hearing how excited and happy people are with their new cars. I might ask about the GMON, do I need to know it?
Regards,
The one formally known as Alan
Hahaha.
Mate I've bought a number of newies, but never bothered with GSpots ahem sorry, GMON's before. GM Order Number right. I only asked myself coz a few in the know mentioned it. Now, I reckon it's a guarantee that my car is entered in Holden's system and there's no risk I won't get it! I have no shame in admitting I am a little paranoid (cue a straight jacket and Ozzy Osbourne), coz if I missed out I'd go freakin mental!!! Lol. Just joking, but seriously, not really, full skitz mental. ;)o_O:confused::cool: haha!

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Yes Martin I thought it was pretty good too and couldn't believe the price of 78K at A Mance
Well macman, I'll tell you at that price its about 2K less than I paid, and my order went in the day after the public release so to pick one up at this stage at that price in Vic is pretty impressive, you should be happy with yourself, well done. Just goes to show the value in shopping around (which I didn't do).

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hahaha.
Mate I've bought a number of newies, but never bothered with GSpots ahem sorry, GMON's before. GM Order Number right. I only asked myself coz a few in the know mentioned it. Now, I reckon it's a guarantee that my car is entered in Holden's system and there's no risk I won't get it! I have no shame in admitting I am a little paranoid (cue a straight jacket and Ozzy Osbourne), coz if I missed out I'd go freakin mental!!! Lol. Just joking, but seriously, not really, full skitz mental. ;)o_O:confused::cool: haha!
Ah Cuda, your a funny man, a word of advice though, more focus on the GSpots and less on the GMON and you'll be miles ahead (no pun intended) :)
No, like the rest of us you have a signed contract that says your on the party list so relax, don't do it, or is it just do it, now I'm confused. On a little more serious note, I'm getting the impression you weren't offered a GMON with your previous purchases?? Maybe I'll ask about the GMON anyway just in case those Alan's are having a lend, seems paranoia is highly Alan Funtagious.

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
That's a great price, the friend of mine who paid 94k for a Director has now been offered another Director ( which was one of the staff only offer cars that have now come back to the dealers),
By another dealer for 90k, he has paid 1k deposit , for the 94k car and signed initial paperwork
So what does he do now, I wonder if he can get out of his signed document , walk away and forfeit his 1k, and go to the other dealer
With the 90k car.......still a crazy price , but what do you do ?

If the dealers weren't overcharging to begin and all maintained reccomended retail price, with we wouldn't be in this situation

Does anyone know how looked in you are with minimum deposit paid and order signed?