Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Those ordering custom car covers be sure to specify if you have a big wing spoiler or not, as they look to be different.

Thanks Super coach, excuse my ignorance, but are the covers numbered with the build number, my understanding is the covers come standard with Directors, and is optional on Magnums and Motorsports. Do I have to request if I want the build number on the cover of either of these?.

Also, (sorry if its been covered elsewhere), what is a GMON, my dealer seems to think it doesn't mean much at all, and what is its significance ,
as there is some talk that you can request your own build number ( not sure how this could ever work)

Thankyou so much for your information on the site, it is a fantastic help to novices like me!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
SC how do you get your GMON number ? Is it emailed to you by GM? I have bought a Magnum and my dealer has no idea about it.
once your order has reached sequence 32, your dealer will receive a GM Order Number - GMON, this is used to track your order etc on the SOM - System Order Management by your dealer.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Thanks Super coach, excuse my ignorance, but are the covers numbered with the build number, my understanding is the covers come standard with Directors, and is optional on Magnums and Motorsports. Do I have to request if I want the build number on the cover of either of these?.

Also, (sorry if its been covered elsewhere), what is a GMON, my dealer seems to think it doesn't mean much at all, and what is its significance ,
as there is some talk that you can request your own build number ( not sure how this could ever work)

Thankyou so much for your information on the site, it is a fantastic help to novices like me!

If you want your build number on your car cover you will need to advise your dealer and pay an extra $200 for it. I presume it will go onto the actual contract of your car order and not be able to order separately on another invoice to excluded it from LCT, as it has to match up to get the build number on it.

GMON is the GM Order number, its used to track your order on the dealer SOM.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
92286946 x 4
Hi 3rspecB, just as a atter of interest are the red wheel centers a special edition option only and if so do you need to quote a VIN number to be able to order them. There has been some discussion re ordering MSE decal sets to make Redlines look like MSE's and how this is controlled.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hahaha.
Mate I've bought a number of newies, but never bothered with GSpots ahem sorry, GMON's before. GM Order Number right. I only asked myself coz a few in the know mentioned it. Now, I reckon it's a guarantee that my car is entered in Holden's system and there's no risk I won't get it! I have no shame in admitting I am a little paranoid (cue a straight jacket and Ozzy Osbourne), coz if I missed out I'd go freakin mental!!! Lol. Just joking, but seriously, not really, full skitz mental. ;)o_O:confused::cool: haha!
Hi Cuda, In relation to the GMON I spoke to the sales manager today, (actually to change my car colour) and asked him re the build date I'd been previously quoted. He again said 3rd week in June with a target date of 23rd. I then asked about the GMON and he said my car had one, he didn't offer it to me so I asked if I needed to know it. He said no and went on to say Holden will contact all persective owners directly by e-mail to request preferred build numbers, its not a process that is being handled by the dealerships. I hope his information is correct but they do claim to be the largest Holden dealership in Australia (if that means anything). Anyone still looking for an auto MSE, they still have two available at 75-76K.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Here's mine if anyone's interested:
View attachment 190806
Gutsy move going for the Spitfire. I have only seen Red and White in Pics and I had trouble with imagining the rest of the colours with the decals. Decided on LMF but was told Redline only. Agonised for a while and then ordered the only Black car I will ever own (most probably). Still cannot believe I went with the Black. I have my fingers crossed that it looks tasteful with the decals. If it looks ghastly I can hide it in the shed and maybe sell it without any depreciation.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Hi 3rspecB, just as a atter of interest are the red wheel centers a special edition option only and if so do you need to quote a VIN number to be able to order them. There has been some discussion re ordering MSE decal sets to make Redlines look like MSE's and how this is controlled.

Hi Martin,
From memory the Red center caps are also available for Reserve Edition vehicles so no, not exclusive to Limited Edition models. I was not asked for a vin# to order them.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Gutsy move going for the Spitfire. I have only seen Red and White in Pics and I had trouble with imagining the rest of the colours with the decals. Decided on LMF but was told Redline only. Agonised for a while and then ordered the only Black car I will ever own (most probably). Still cannot believe I went with the Black. I have my fingers crossed that it looks tasteful with the decals. If it looks ghastly I can hide it in the shed and maybe sell it without any depreciation.
G'day HemiMagic, I reckon the Black looks pretty impressive, have a look
upload_2017-3-14_18-26-33.png
upload_2017-3-14_18-26-33.png

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi Martin,
From memory the Red center caps are also available for Reserve Edition vehicles so no, not exclusive to Limited Edition models. I was not asked for a vin# to order them.
Thanks mate, you're a wealth of knowledge

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Hi Martin. Is that soag as the roof looks darker? Cheers Graham