Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
My dealer said the same thing only the rear wing and the car cover was done at the factory everything else is dealer fitted.
Probably depends on what options you've selected, tow bars are preferably factory fitted, (cheaper factory fitted) hood power decal is factory fitted, boot power outlet is probably factory fitted (at least I hope it is). We've all seen what the proposed procedure is WRT the car covers, upon completion of the car HEC contacts the selling dealership to confirm delivery details and build number. I would expect it is this stage the cover has the details sewn on if this is optioned. Interesting the covers are $480+GST for the dealership, has anyone done a deal with their dealer for the cover?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Time for an Avatar update, goodbye Alan Funt it was fun whilst it lasted. MSE in the Ford drivers perspective. :)

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
G'day sabman57, well there's a surprise, different dealers saying different things. I specifically asked the dealer about this because of the way the contract had been filled out. She said regardless of how its shown all options are factory fitted for the MSE. Someone posted the red wheel centres were going to be dealer fitted cos they didn't want them knocked off from the factory. So now the dealers have to remove each wheel to fit the centres, what a PITA. It also means (if correct) if you've arranged for the NOPD option you'll have to remove the wheels yourself to fit them, a bigger PITA. At least you'll know the wheel nuts have been torqued up correctly :)
Less LCT if dealer fitted on separate order form..

Kiwikev4169

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze
Hi All, so managed to get my hands on an Automatic Motorsport edition! Was hoping for a manual but I think at this stage beggars can't be choosers. $74092 in Red Hot, Black hi-wing spoiler & went ahead with the embroider car cover. As it's my first brand new car ever (rather excited I must say!!) the only query I have is the $3500 for DD, does that seem steep or is this pretty much a standard price the dealers charge??

Also, aside from the extra cooling for the gearbox, is it exactly the same as the SSV with the active select? (Paddle shift)

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Probably depends on what options you've selected, tow bars are preferably factory fitted, (cheaper factory fitted) hood power decal is factory fitted, boot power outlet is probably factory fitted (at least I hope it is). We've all seen what the proposed procedure is WRT the car covers, upon completion of the car HEC contacts the selling dealership to confirm delivery details and build number. I would expect it is this stage the cover has the details sewn on if this is optioned. Interesting the covers are $480+GST for the dealership, has anyone done a deal with their dealer for the cover?
I got my cover for cost, the least they could go for dd price gouging

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I got my cover for cost, the least they could go for dd price gouging
Hi PSISLE, I know what your saying and thinking along the same lines, I'm going to run it past the dealer as well, my DD went from $1550 for a Redline to 3000 for the

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi All, so managed to get my hands on an Automatic Motorsport edition! Was hoping for a manual but I think at this stage beggars can't be choosers. $74092 in Red Hot, Black hi-wing spoiler & went ahead with the embroider car cover. As it's my first brand new car ever (rather excited I must say!!) the only query I have is the $3500 for DD, does that seem steep or is this pretty much a standard price the dealers charge??

Also, aside from the extra cooling for the gearbox, is it exactly the same as the SSV with the active select? (Paddle shift)
Welcome aboard Kiwikev4169, there are a number of changes, you need to get your hands on a copy of the dealer product information guide which highlights the changes and provides some background to the models. Some posters have kindly provided links to download it. I would consider $3500 DD isn't that bad, $500 more than I paid but I ordered the day after they were released.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

Just so everyone is aware

Following factory fit
Big rear wing
Power hood decal
Tow bar

Following dealer fit
Red centre caps
Mud flaps
Any protectors, headlight, bonnet, insect screen, sun shades
12V accessory in boot
Any seat covers

Not dealer fit but dealer to organise/order