Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
So has anyone in Victoria actually paid rrp and the standard dealer delivery costs on a Limited Edition? Seems that Super Coaches dealer is the only one doing so but their in SA. I have to finalise my MSE order by the 25th and prefer to give my business to a dealer not ripping their customers off. Im also looking at trading in our MY16 SSV so looking to get as much for that as possible.
Hi GEN4SS, my DD is $2500 and and apart from a few extras and all the taxes ( stamp duty, GST and LCT ), paid RRP for the MSE...

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I have a question for those in the know, Holden stated somewhere (I can't find it now) that each special edition commodore will be "hand finished" at the end of the line (or something to that effect). Just wondering whether anyone has any idea what that is suppose to mean, or is it just marketing talk. Don't know why they would bother mentioning it unless it was something different/in addition to normal production.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I have a question for those in the know, Holden stated somewhere (I can't find it now) that each special edition commodore will be "hand finished" at the end of the line (or something to that effect). Just wondering whether anyone has any idea what that is suppose to mean, or is it just marketing talk. Don't know why they would bother mentioning it unless it was something different/in addition to normal production.
I think most 'options' will be fitted at the factory. The Magnum comes standard with the 'slimline' hard lid, which is usually a dealer fitted option.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I think most 'options' will be fitted at the factory. The Magnum comes standard with the 'slimline' hard lid, which is usually a dealer fitted option.
Yes, my dealer told me all the options were factory fitted, but what if you didn't select any options, no hand finishing job? :)

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

Hand finish is the application of the decals at HEC plus any other factory options

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Hi GEN4SS, my DD is $2500 and and apart from a few extras and all the taxes ( stamp duty, GST and LCT ), paid RRP for the MSE...
Thanks sabman57, who was your dealer and where are they located? I just have to choose a dealer of my choice in Victoria to have my MSE delivered to and prefer not to pick one of these dealers asking ridiculous dd fees but will come down to the trade in value they are willing to give me on the MY16 SSV.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hand finish is the application of the decals at HEC plus any other factory options
Thanks Super Coach, and thanks Holden for telling us they're going to stick the decals on for us, marketing talk then.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Hey Guys
has anyone got that MSE Dealer product info sheet where is says the Spitfire comes with red mirror caps?
if so can you send the link to downloas please
Many many thanks in advance

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
Yes, my dealer told me all the options were factory fitted, but what if you didn't select any options, no hand finishing job? :)
Hi Martin, when I was selecting the options, my dealer said that apart from the rear wing and hood decal, all the options that I chose are dealer fitted........

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
Hey Guys
has anyone got that MSE Dealer product info sheet where is says the Spitfire comes with red mirror caps?
if so can you send the link to downloas please
Many many thanks in advance
First I've heard of this....really???