Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Rodders26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversary, VF Motorsport Edition.
They got the rear spoiler wrong! I guess they couldnt find someone with small enough fingers to fit the MSE lip spoiler lol

Yes I noticed that also about the boot spoiler being too big. The most surprising thing is that Biante made the Exclusive Owners Edition model so why wouldn't they just use the casting from those models for the Heron White model?
Based on the pre-production picture shown I won't be buying one. I'll wait to see if they correct this glaring error before placing an order.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
The Heron car with the wrong spoiler might become collectable if they pull it from sale.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
The listed price is NOT drive away price so may likely end up costing thousands more unless the dealer will haggel.
Seems most dealers have moved new vf2 stock to used/demo status now

Taranaki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais
Exactly, the utes sold out long ago. My local dealer got 2 SV6 utes at the end of May last year, they were the last 2 utes he could get.
Plenty of demand, couldn't get ANY ute. He was able to wheeler dealer quite a few more MSE's and Directors than he was allocated.

So GMH got the mix of models wrong. Another hypothesis put to me (by a Ford dealer) was that they were running low on ute-specific parts, maybe fuel tanks or rear bumpers or whatever, and couldn't be arsed firing up the machines to make 100 more.... Anyway, bad planning.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
So GMH got the mix of models wrong. Another hypothesis put to me (by a Ford dealer) was that they were running low on ute-specific parts, maybe fuel tanks or rear bumpers or whatever, and couldn't be arsed firing up the machines to make 100 more.... Anyway, bad planning.
Bear in mind there was also media speculation for quite a while before closure that Holden would end the ute production earlier due to the low numbers of sales. As you say at the end of the day they didn't want to build them for the low anticipated numbers.